Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 23456789101525 ... LastLast

Thread: Comic reviews: IDW More Than Meets The Eye ongoing

We also got a brief glimpse of Powerglide in issue #4 as well.

Totally agree with Paulbot about the cliffhanger. Due to a few pages of ads at the back of the comic I thought I had another page or two when BAM there it is smacking you in the face.

Roberts sure packs alot into his issues, and the good thing is the art backs it up well, lots of detail, you really need to read this series once through for the story, read it again to process the art and images then read it a third time combining what you took in from the first two readings. Makes issues like Spotlight Mirage and the McCarthy issues seem even worse (if that was possible!)

The fact that this issue so heavily ties into LSotW without going so far as to making no sense without having read it, made it even more enjoyable to me. It has flow and consistency with stories that have come beforehand and that has allowed it to utilise leftover points from those stories to this series benefit.

Now to wait another month!

Who wants to bet on how long until the Lost Light finds ol' Grimmy?
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    We also got a brief glimpse of Powerglide in issue #4 as well.

Totally agree with Paulbot about the cliffhanger. Due to a few pages of ads at the back of the comic I thought I had another page or two when BAM there it is smacking you in the face.

Roberts sure packs alot into his issues, and the good thing is the art backs it up well, lots of detail, you really need to read this series once through for the story, read it again to process the art and images then read it a third time combining what you took in from the first two readings. Makes issues like Spotlight Mirage and the McCarthy issues seem even worse (if that was possible!)

The fact that this issue so heavily ties into LSotW without going so far as to making no sense without having read it, made it even more enjoyable to me. It has flow and consistency with stories that have come beforehand and that has allowed it to utilise leftover points from those stories to this series benefit.

Now to wait another month!

Who wants to bet on how long until the Lost Light finds ol' Grimmy?
    I picked this issue up at lunch and waited for the train trip home to read it.. I really like how this series is moving along.... I loved the reveal at the end as i had been wondering how long before he popped up and especially since I have re-read a certain hardcover a couple of times since. And I like how they didn't ret con where he has been. I wonder how long before we see the other bot that was admitted at the same time. The art is really enjoyable and I am loving the ratchet spotlighting...

Can't wait for the next issue..
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Another really enjoyable read. The reveal at the end was a real surprise. Haven't read any of the more recent comics so wasn't expecting that particular bot to show up.

I think I should pick up a copy of LSOTW based on some of the comments on here.

Can't wait for the next issue.

Exclamation Spoilers

some highlights for those that want to see.. if not look away now..

UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Am I the only one that thinks the silhouette in the last panel looks like Armada Megatron? That was my first thought when I got to that panel followed by no of course it couldn't be.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks the silhouette in the last panel looks like Armada Megatron? That was my first thought when I got to that panel followed by no of course it couldn't be.
    Haha believe it or not I actually had "and a sneak peak of armada Meg's" before I added in bob to the post... I really did think that looked like him
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    That makes three of us. My first (stupid) thought was "and how does armada Megsy fit in here, I thought we were done with crossovers..."

Is my memory playing tricks on me or have we also seen cosmos onboard the lostlight? Starting to compile a few minibots!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post

Is my memory playing tricks on me or have we also seen cosmos onboard the lostlight? Starting to compile a few minibots!
    No trickery there.. We have seen cosmos in issue 2 page 19.. I also believe that huffer brawn and gears can also be seen in the same panel.
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Overall an enjoyable issue - though there's still a few things about it that I wish they'd improve on.

P.S.: I also thought Fort Max was Armada Megs.
    P.P.S.: Dear Hasbro, can we haz IDW-Fort Max inspired Generations Fort Max toy please?

Issue #5 was - as always - brilliant. I love the fact that this series has been planned so meticulously with ideas seeded from issue one that slowly pay out. Rung's history with Red Alert... 19 (80) 4... Ratchet's Parkinson's... this is the best-written monthly on the shelves. It will be interesting to see if the voice under the ship is saying "kill me" or "me kill".