• Only if (something else)

1 4.17%
  • No

1 4.17%
  • Not Interested

2 8.33%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - Generations Deluxe Class Windblade

Without having her in hand, my only complaint is her eyes aren't the same as in the comic.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

I've seen/handled Windblade IRL, and I was surprised to see that the face is silver rather than "Geisha white" like in the comics. I'm also not a huge fan of how the feet just stick out from the top of the jet, and there's also a gap in the jet body. But overall it's a fairly impressive looking design, and I quite like the sword (kinda wish she had two ). The design of the blade itself feels impractical if it were a solid blade, but I'm guessing that it's a form of malleable energy blade (like plasma or something) rather than something solid like metal.

Got mine today. Lovely looking figure; her red is almost pastel in my opinion, which evokes the Sarah Stone artwork. Her wings fold back behind her nicely, a-la the comic book. Great upper articulation but she could really use a thigh swivel; the one at her hip is blocked by plastic and her feet don't tilt so it limits stable poses.

Only 2 small things to consider. :
    1) Her face looks nothing like the Sarah Stone illustration, which is a matter of taste, but I would have preferred a more animated style.
    2) Those elbows are mighty thin. I can't see them standing up to the kind of play a kid would give this figure.

7.5/10.

From tinyJazz's HLJ link, it seems the Takara Tomy version got the face right.
    Edit might as well post a link here. http://www.hlj.com/product/TKT81690/Sci
    Last edited by CBratron; 8th October 2014 at 02:29 PM. Reason: adding link
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

Quote Originally Posted by CBratron View Post
    From tinyJazz's HLJ link, it seems the Takara Tomy version got the face right.
    Edit might as well post a link here. http://www.hlj.com/product/TKT81690/Sci
    But I just got my windblade! Damn you takaraaaaaaaaaa!

Finally got around to opening her today, she's been sitting in my shed for nearly a month.

I quite like her jet mode, the turbines swiveling is a massive plus in my book, the colour scheme is good (especially for an Essendon Bombers supporter ) and it's quite stylized. My main problems with it are those that others have mentioned, that the wing pegs are a bloody pain in the arse to clip in to the main body and that without the sword hilt there is a gap - and with it there is a sticky-outy nub at the end. But overall its quite nice.

Robot mode: Its well proportioned, decent articulation and nice colours. I wish the sword hilt when attached to her thigh stuck down a bit more rather than so far out the back but its a small quibble, and I have had trouble removing her headpiece to use as a fan. Like others have mentioned, she loses a fair bit of resemblance to the comic - in the comics she was wide eyed and relatively youthful looking (maybe only a million ), the bot mode here with the tiny eyes, severe face and low set chest make her look a bit like she's TF middle aged. Looks like she would be Blurrs stern babysitter rather than his girlfriend . But then perhaps the blame for this could lay at the feet of the comic artists rather than the toy designers since the toy came first.

But overall very good, not brilliant but not bad for the first fan built TF, lets hope that the upcoming fan built combiners are even better

Picked up this babe...um...transformer at Oz Comic Con and I'm now wondering who's the sexiest fembot in my collection.
    Thunderblast (Cybertron)? Who has greater sex appeal due to thigh high boots and a more beautiful face yet has an excessively heavy weapon that makes posing a somewhat limited prospect.
    Or Windblade? Who despite being less sexy can strike better poses as samurai transformers usually can (e.g. ROTF Bludgeon, Generations Drift & Alternity Megatron although they're not fembots).

Quote Originally Posted by shockNwave View Post
    Picked up this babe...um...transformer at Oz Comic Con and I'm now wondering who's the sexiest fembot in my collection.
    Thunderblast (Cybertron)? Who has greater sex appeal due to thigh high boots and a more beautiful face yet has an excessively heavy weapon that makes posing a somewhat limited prospect.
    ♪ "I like big boats and I cannot lie. A massive kibble that she just can't hide." ♭

Ha, ha, well said, well said.

I've had the takara one for a while and I haven't played with it much, mainly just trying to get fun looking poses in robot mode. Those heels though, man they really need a little tab or something to lock into the jet nozzles. The slightest movement or change on my one and they retract. I find that when trying to pose her she's generally pretty fiddly with things moving all over the place and getting in the way, like the wings in robot mode. I don't know if mine is just slightly looser than usual. I mainly bought it because I really like the design and the new character. I do really like having it and looking at it in my display. So I'm not sure on what to vote for!