Ozformers Transformers Collectors Australia


Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Collectors Australia > Beyond the Spacebridge (Non-Transformers Section) > Unauthorised Transformers Products

Sightings/Sales

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 14th September 2017, 10:06 PM
valkyrie_76's Avatar
valkyrie_76 valkyrie_76 is offline
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member
 
Join Date: 18th Jan 2008
Location: Feral-ham WA
Posts: 2,486
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by llamatron View Post
I think the pair is 3.5 kg combined.

Prices - if they couldn't source original RRP then they should have just dropped this feature. Current market price is lame.

Cool project though, hope they are successful.
Yeah my bad, it is 3.5kg for both.

Looked at it wrong
__________________

Valkyrie's SDF:
Transformer grails: MIB Minerva(the dream is OVER!!!! ), MIB Kiss Player Atariscream, MIB Kiss Player Sparkabots, Kiss Player Manga.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 15th September 2017, 03:40 PM
Skullcruncher's Avatar
Skullcruncher Skullcruncher is offline
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member
 
Join Date: 26th Nov 2009
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 2,726
Default

Perhaps an idea would have been to find the dealer catalogs/packages and list the Hasbro recommended RRP as retailers would then list them at whatever they wanted.

I think for the Alarvez or Bellomo books they mentioned the publisher wanted the current value listed, would need to find the interview. Maybe they are in the same situation.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 20th September 2017, 01:23 PM
UltraMarginal's Avatar
UltraMarginal UltraMarginal is offline
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member
 
Join Date: 23rd Sep 2010
Location: Sydney
Posts: 7,729
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullcruncher View Post
Perhaps an idea would have been to find the dealer catalogs/packages and list the Hasbro recommended RRP as retailers would then list them at whatever they wanted.

I think for the Alarvez or Bellomo books they mentioned the publisher wanted the current value listed, would need to find the interview. Maybe they are in the same situation.
Except these guys are self publishing are they not?

It really feels like a repeat of the Bellomo Book but with a different background. I really like the Bellomo book, I have the second edition. these books look spectacular but I feel like they are redundant.
__________________
Ultramarginals Animated Wants List
my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)
My tentative foray into Reviewing Movie Human alliance Characters: Coming Soon
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 20th September 2017, 01:29 PM
loophole's Avatar
loophole loophole is offline
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member
 
Join Date: 25th May 2008
Location: Mount Barker, South Australia
Posts: 3,419
Default

I would of backed them but a bit too pricey with shipping and like Skullcruncher said not the biggest fan of the black background and for the cost I would want pictures of the packaging too
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 20th September 2017, 02:32 PM
reillyd reillyd is offline
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member
 
Join Date: 27th Jan 2008
Location: Gold Coast, Queensland
Posts: 2,319
Default

I am really wary of Kickstarters with long delivery times, but these books look to be almost finished and ready to go to printing. I am going to bite, as I don't have any of the previous photo reference books. Just don't know whether to get both volumes
__________________
On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 20th September 2017, 03:30 PM
Paulbot's Avatar
Paulbot Paulbot is offline
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member
 
Join Date: 27th Dec 2007
Location: Chadstone, Vic
Posts: 13,544
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
Except these guys are self publishing are they not?

It really feels like a repeat of the Bellomo Book but with a different background. I really like the Bellomo book, I have the second edition. these books look spectacular but I feel like they are redundant.
I hate that Bellomo Book but am definitely in the minority with that thought.

There's no need for "current prices" in the book IMO. These aren't books you'd take with you toy hunting and the aftermarket prices vary too much anyway. The original RRP would have been a nice trivia point, but somewhat pointless too.

(If it was me, I'd include the RRP and the original case breakdowns as an appendix, I found those case breakdowns fascinating when I first came across them).
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 21st September 2017, 03:26 PM
UltraMarginal's Avatar
UltraMarginal UltraMarginal is offline
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member
 
Join Date: 23rd Sep 2010
Location: Sydney
Posts: 7,729
Default

Do you mind me asking what it is about the Ballamo books that you hate?
__________________
Ultramarginals Animated Wants List
my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)
My tentative foray into Reviewing Movie Human alliance Characters: Coming Soon
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 21st September 2017, 09:33 PM
Paulbot's Avatar
Paulbot Paulbot is offline
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member
 
Join Date: 27th Dec 2007
Location: Chadstone, Vic
Posts: 13,544
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
Do you mind me asking what it is about the Ballamo books that you hate?
It's a heap of what are little annoyances (that add up) combined with the praise it gets despite these flaws that gets to me.

Little annoyances like:
the rigid template that calls all weapons and accessories "easily lost"
the quality of the toys photographed
the quality of the toy photographs (too much flash, not correct focus)
the personal opinions and assumptions about the toy (or sometimes the tech spects) in the commentary
numerous (mostly pointless) references to the Dreamwave guidebooks and no obvious indication the writer ever read a Marvel Comic
the lack of commentary for later toys "due to space" and not at all because he never read the Marvel Comics.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 22nd September 2017, 09:09 AM
UltraMarginal's Avatar
UltraMarginal UltraMarginal is offline
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member
 
Join Date: 23rd Sep 2010
Location: Sydney
Posts: 7,729
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
It's a heap of what are little annoyances (that add up) combined with the praise it gets despite these flaws that gets to me.

Little annoyances like:
the rigid template that calls all weapons and accessories "easily lost"
the quality of the toys photographed
the quality of the toy photographs (too much flash, not correct focus)
the personal opinions and assumptions about the toy (or sometimes the tech spects) in the commentary
numerous (mostly pointless) references to the Dreamwave guidebooks and no obvious indication the writer ever read a Marvel Comic
the lack of commentary for later toys "due to space" and not at all because he never read the Marvel Comics.
Interesting, I'll have to take a closer look. I have to be honest, I received it, flicked through it and put it on the shelf next to all the other books I'm going to have time to read one day. He did say that the second edition, the one I have had a lot of better quality toys in it, I've never seen the first edition to know how different they are.

With regards to the comics, it's a pretty safe bet to suggest Brandon has read a lot of the comics I'm guessing.
__________________
Ultramarginals Animated Wants List
my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)
My tentative foray into Reviewing Movie Human alliance Characters: Coming Soon
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 22nd September 2017, 11:06 PM
Paulbot's Avatar
Paulbot Paulbot is offline
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member
 
Join Date: 27th Dec 2007
Location: Chadstone, Vic
Posts: 13,544
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
Interesting, I'll have to take a closer look. I have to be honest, I received it, flicked through it and put it on the shelf next to all the other books I'm going to have time to read one day. He did say that the second edition, the one I have had a lot of better quality toys in it, I've never seen the first edition to know how different they are.

With regards to the comics, it's a pretty safe bet to suggest Brandon has read a lot of the comics I'm guessing.
Maybe the photos are better in the newer edition, but there's other guidebooks with better photos on my shelf than the first edition.

And I wouldn't mind that the author hadn't read the comics, it's just that he says he has, but apart from the (too often) quotes from the Dreamwave MTMTE books he never seems to reference the comics the way he references cartoon episodes (and that's light on too). The book would be better without commentary rather than committing to it, filling space with pointless descriptions of the tech specs bios and then declaring the first year Micromasters "lack inclusion in Transformers continuity and canon" so he's not going to bother. I mean, each of them has a whole page in the Dreamwave MTMTE book at least. One was a wrestler!

Anyway, I've backed this project. Showing my roots as a Transformers Book collector over a Transformers Toy collector, I'll spend $100 on a third party TF book, but wouldn't consider spending $100 on a third party TF toy.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 04:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.