Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MOTU at SDCC

Default MOTU at SDCC

For those collecting the mainline of figures, here are some photos from the Mattel display at SDCC.
    (I didn't think there were any of the original series left to redo... and I thought I heard that the MOTU line was wrapping up this year - I must have been imagining it)

All their other MOTU SDCC news and info can be found here.

Sure is not wrapping up. So excited for snake mountain, filmation 2.0s, and everything else that's been revealed. I also love that anti eternia he-man, great time to be a MOTUC collector!

Yeah so much for ending... they're basically starting again! The new Filmation ones look incredible though

The Friday update with the display case... Snake Mountain and some very cartoony looking toys.

Looks like Mattel is taking advantage of their recent purchase of Mega Blocks, with MOTU becoming the latest Mattel property to be done in construction block format.

I knew I wasn't imagining it... it was indeed announced that the toyline would end this year.
    Maybe they are just rebranding it, or they got such a great turnout for the "final" year subscriptions, that they are postponing the end.

Not MOTU, but I am excited at the prospect of MOTU scale Thundercats!

I like me some T/Cats, but using the standard MOTU body for Lion O is just lazy and rubbish. Far too bulky, the armour they slap on for his shirt makes his chest way too big.

Also, I see heman/Skeletor 2.0. Flmation looking = nice. No update to the body sculpt or articulation, despite being 2.0... Lazy. I think that design is beginning to show its age.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    I like me some T/Cats, but using the standard MOTU body for Lion O is just lazy and rubbish. Far too bulky, the armour they slap on for his shirt makes his chest way too big.

Also, I see heman/Skeletor 2.0. Flmation looking = nice. No update to the body sculpt or articulation, despite being 2.0... Lazy. I think that design is beginning to show its age.
    Yes I'm not sure why they called it 2.0 as the articulation is the same, with the exception of the wrist, but even then he-man can't hold is sword straight.

Good, bloody, lord does that Snake Mountain set look freakin' fantastic! - I'll likely never own it, but man would I adore it if I did!

I was also really impressed with that Despara figure, so too the "Filmation", Laser Light AND Terror Claws Skeletors!

I'd want each one of those, but the exchange rate though is likely to kill any opportunity and I can't really justify a subscription... Sucks!

.....and......resigns himself for another freaking sub.....

Quote Originally Posted by Gofigure View Post
    .....and......resigns himself for another freaking sub.....
    Lucky devil!