Thread: Gen1 cartoon animation cells for sale

Default Gen1 cartoon animation cells for sale

If you are a collector of Animation cells and have about a grand lying around to spend, Transformers author Jim Sorenson is auctioning off some on behalf of a friend on his facebook page.
    The images and details can be seen here, as they will probably be removed from facebook after they are sold.

One of my Transformers contacts has asked me to help sell a few G1 Transformers cels, so I figured I'd do this low-key. At present they have five for sale: Optimus Prime, Decepticons at Sherman Dam, Slag, Ratchet, and Ravage. The seller requests anonymity, so I'm acting as (unpaid) intermediary.
    How this works is simple. If you're interested in any of these cels, just PM me your offer. (Note that, unless you live in driving distance from Hollywood, you're going to have to add 3% for paypal and another few bucks for insured shipping on top of your best offer, so price that into consideration.) After a week I'll pass on the best offers to the seller. That might include conceivably include multiple offers on the same piece, if one person for example makes an offer on three of the five cels. If the seller agrees, you'll paypal the money to me and I'll ship you the cel.
    They're all nice pieces, with backgrounds. I can authenticate that they're original Sunbow pieces from back in the day. Backgrounds are about 10x14 inches. The Optimus Prime includes a drawn frame as well. Good luck to anyone whose interested!
    EDIT -- I'm getting a lot of requests for more pricing transparency. The seller has agreed to alter the format to accommodate that. ( know that this is a slightly odd sales format, and apologize if that's bothering anyone.)
    Current best-offers look like:
    Optimus Prime: $1,000
    Sherman Dam: $600
    Ravage: $400
    Ratchet: $350
    Slag: $425

Oh man! They look soooo good! Damn my MP addiction! Otherwise I'd have to cash to grab one!

A few years ago I would have offered to purchase the Prime one but now.....no chance.

Valkyrie's SDF:
    Transformer grails: MIB Minerva(the dream is OVER!!!! ), MIB Kiss Player Atariscream, MIB Kiss Player Sparkabots, Kiss Player Manga.

I'm a sucker for animation cells and have a few Disney ones in storage but alas I don't have the kind of $$ to drop on that Optimus. If he came in around the $500 mark I might have had to make an offer though...

There's an innate beauty in what is now a virtually dead artform.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post
    I'm a sucker for animation cells and have a few Disney ones in storage but alas I don't have the kind of $$ to drop on that Optimus. If he came in around the $500 mark I might have had to make an offer though...

There's an innate beauty in what is now a virtually dead artform.
    I have lots of anime cels from various shows and I do miss them.

Valkyrie's SDF:
    Transformer grails: MIB Minerva(the dream is OVER!!!! ), MIB Kiss Player Atariscream, MIB Kiss Player Sparkabots, Kiss Player Manga.