Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789

Thread: Masterpiece Soundwave to be released in Australia in July

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Not for me There's no denying the value in the Hasbro release but as I've said before, aside from Laserbeak, the cassettes hold no interest for me as I consider them to be inferior when compared to the original G1 toys. Heck, even Generations Ravage is better than the MP Ravage.
    Not for me either, but for different reasons. The cassettes do interest me, but the fact is that I've already purchased TakTOM MP Soundwave (it's sitting in Japan awaiting shipment to me). My Cassettrons are on preorder, but if I cancel them I just end up with a cassetteless Soundwave, but if I get the Hasbro version I'd get the Cassettes, but with an excess Soundwave and Laserbeak. So for me, in my current situation, it'd be cheaper for me to keep my existing pre order. I guess I should just be glad that I paid the cheapest prices that I could find for my Soundwave and Cassettes -- $126 for Soundwave and $67 for the Cassettes, so $193 all told. Yes it does mean I'm paying $43 more than what the local version would cost me but considering that my Soundwave has already been received, the horse has well and truly already bolted for me.

If I hadn't already gotten Soundwave, I'd cancel all my Japanese preorders and wait for the local version. But yeah... "It's too late for me, Luke..."

I'll probably cancel my tape order and sell my MISB TakaraTomy Soundwave and buy the Hasbro version. This is why I never rush to open things. Well one of the reasons anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Well I'm glad to read of the vindication for Griffin & Macky personally, even though many in the wider TF international community consider the news to be a confirmation of a rumour (Coz you know, corroborating primary sources that aren't North American can't be trusted ).
    Thanks for the thought Hursti

I'm looking forward to seeing what the packaging will look like. Will it be similar to the commemorative edition with a book style box, or the universe edition with a large window to display all the cassetes? Personally I'd love to see a box that is soundwave in tape deck form, with the two side halves able to slide open (like the MP-10 coin card) to reveal a window where SW and his minions can be seen.

Either way, there's no emoticon that adequately conveys my excitement at this. Can't wait for him to be released!

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Mackness View Post
    Thanks for the thought Hursti

I'm looking forward to seeing what the packaging will look like. Will it be similar to the commemorative edition with a book style box, or the universe edition with a large window to display all the cassetes? Personally I'd love to see a box that is soundwave in tape deck form, with the two side halves able to slide open (like the MP-10 coin card) to reveal a window where SW and his minions can be seen.

Either way, there's no emoticon that adequately conveys my excitement at this. Can't wait for him to be released!
    They said that it's going to be shaped like a tape deck, so maybe?