Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Two new Platinum packs coming?

Default Two new Platinum packs coming?

From Hong Kong I think, comes a listing of upcoming Movie Platinum multi-packs, with two previously unknown packs...

Platinum Edition - 1st Ed Optimus w/ trailer & Stinger
    Platinum Edition - Generations DinoBots 5-pack Black & Grey
    The first one is a bit of an odd pairing, and I wonder if the trailer will be the one being released in Japan in the AL line... or a previous Movie trailer.
    The second set sounds like it might be more movie-accurate "metallic grey", but then, why have five, as there were only four in the Movie. If they are a Gen1 5-pack, why black & grey? They could still do a Gen1 coloured set that uses matte grey to avoid being similar to the SDCC pack of shiny silver figures.

EDIT - okay, it is apparently the five "Gen1" Dinobots (2 Voyagers, 3 Deluxe), but still not sure about the colour scheme though.

EDIT - not the five Gen1 Dinobots. Instead, Grimlock, Scorn, Slug, Strafe, Slog.
    Last edited by griffin; 13th September 2014 at 01:41 PM.

Don't know about those Dinobots. On one hand it's all 5 in one convenient carry case, on the other, i'm not too sure about the black & grey colour scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Don't know about those Dinobots. On one hand it's all 5 in one convenient carry case, on the other, i'm not too sure about the black & grey colour scheme.
    I'm assuming these will be closer to 'movie accurate' colours. Could be good.

Shouldn't there be 6 Dinobots? The bright green one will certainly look odd up against 5 'black/grey' Dinobots. So this is a pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    Shouldn't there be 6 Dinobots? The bright green one will certainly look odd up against 5 'black/grey' Dinobots. So this is a pass.
    Just the original 5 for this set. Grimlock, Slug, Slog, Snarl & Strafe.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    EDIT - okay, it is apparently the five "Gen1" Dinobots (2 Voyagers, 3 Deluxe), but still not sure about the colour scheme though.

Wasn't planning on buying any moofie toys but if these Dinobots turn out OK, I just might bite.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Default Transformers Generation Dinobots 5 Pack Platinum Set

Etoys japan has started pre-order for TF Generation Dinobots 5 Pack Platinum Set!

See link :
    http://www.etoysjapan.com/index.php?...chk=1&Itemid=1

No news whether TRU Australia will stock these and if they do, it will be premium priced.

The link in the first post has been updated with two silhouette images, suggesting that the Stinger could be the one-step version, while the Dinobots are not quite the Gen1 five - Grimlock, Slug (Slag), Strafe (Swoop), Slog (Sludge), and... Scorn (instead of Snarl).
    So close, and yet not quite... so probably aren't Gen1 themed at all then.

The link in the first post has been updated with two silhouette images, suggesting that the Stinger could be the one-step version, while the Dinobots are not quite the Gen1 five - Grimlock, Slug (Slag), Strafe (Swoop), Slog (Sludge), and... Scorn (instead of Snarl).
    That stinger resembles a certain deluxe rotf sideswipe figure, looking at images its completely different to the one step, this could however be a place holder figure
    and the trailer heavily resembles the mp-10 optimus trailer, I have my yoth prime here and the trailer is spot on with the silhouette image. the trailer could also be a placeholder or have minor changes

and... Scorn (instead of Snarl).
    Now i know for certain that they're doing it on purpose. First the Exclusives, then the SDCC Dinobots & now this. You have all 5 interpretations of the original versions right there, right there!