View Poll Results: Generations Roadbuster - worth getting?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • OH MAN YES! A THOUSAND TIMES YES!!!

14 53.85%
  • Only if cheap

7 26.92%
  • Only if...

3 11.54%
  • Na

1 3.85%
  • I dont want this figure even though others think he's awesome

1 3.85%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Generations Roadbuster

I'm not fully across what is coming out or what is planned, but I've had my eye on Roadbuster since I saw the first images. Are there any plans that anyone knows of for a local release?
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I'm not a fan of stickers on contemporary toys. It's such a crude and cheap way of adding more detail to a toy as opposed to just paint apps or tampos that became standard practice since Beast Wars. Just yesterday I brought my original BW Rattrap to school, and some of the kids marvelled at the detailed sculpting and lovingly airbrushed paint apps on that toy. Having said that, considering that Hasbro have been increasingly holding back on paints and tampos, I'd rather be given stickers than just having a bear bones bland figure. It's as if Hasbro's pre-emptively giving us reprolabels, which is preferable to nothing at all. But paints and tampos over stickers any day (one reason why I prefer say Hasbro's TFPRiD Vehicon over TakaraTOMY's AM Vehicon).
    I think that labels can be good way of adding the detail while (presumably) keeping the cost lower. Of course, beautifully applied paint apps would be great, but having them "lovingly applied" would cost time and money that would be passed on to consumers. I'm not sure how they managed to do them so much better in 'the good ol' days', but it seems like those days are past us. If stickers means more affordable toys, then great. But they have to be done better than Roadbuster's stickers. Considering the detail, quality and amazing fit Reprolabels.com's stickers are, and that they are a very small, 'backyard' operation, then Hasbro's efforts are exceedingly poor.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

That's a very good point about the stickers, while I don't think the detail we saw in the stickers could have been replicated with tampos at the same number of applications for the same price, the design of the stickers and instructions for their placement was poor.

I trimmed a lot of my stickers to make them fit better and there were a couple I didn't think should have even gone on, this applies to Whirl as well.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Oh yeah, I'd rather have stickers than just nothing at all. As I said, one thing that I disliked w/ a lot of Age of Extinction figures is how bland they look. Not enough apps and no stickers. Painted apps would be best, but stickers are still better than just nothing at all!

Btw, what have people been doing with the Wreckers logo? I chose to stick the regular Autobot logo on my Roadbuster, so now I'm thinking about what to do w/ the Wreckers logo. Impactor already has his own tampographed on his chest (the sticker would be much too large for him anyway). I think that the sticker would be too big for Cyberverse Wheeljack's Skyhammer vehicle too. Hrmmm... suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    I'm not fully across what is coming out or what is planned, but I've had my eye on Roadbuster since I saw the first images. Are there any plans that anyone knows of for a local release?
    Nothing specific, but it was said we likely could get Generations stuff released here, but Hasbro has a bunch of 2013 stuff they're sitting on.

The last thing we heard related to that was the release of the Wrecker wave at Kmart, which was supposed to be a test for how well they'd sell. We've seen nothing yet.

If they indeed are releasing at least some 2013 stuff here, I'd like them to get them to retailers soon. I still need to pick up a Hoist and don't want to pay over $30 for one.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Cheers Bidoofdude!
    New Acquisitions:
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    Nothing specific, but it was said we likely could get Generations stuff released here, but Hasbro has a bunch of 2013 stuff they're sitting on.

The last thing we heard related to that was the release of the Wrecker wave at Kmart, which was supposed to be a test for how well they'd sell. We've seen nothing yet.

If they indeed are releasing at least some 2013 stuff here, I'd like them to get them to retailers soon. I still need to pick up a Hoist and don't want to pay over $30 for one.

I've seen Generations: Jetfire at toyworld in the past few weeks. Besides that I haven't seen Generations toys here (besides AoE) since the FOC toys.

I missed the Wreckers toys - the only one I wanted was Impactor and now he goes for a fricken fortune on ebay

Are they already all gone from Kmart? I still need to get Topspin and Twin Twist.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    Are they already all gone from Kmart? I still need to get Topspin and Twin Twist.
    I haven't seen any since they went on sale for $15 back in June. You can't expect them to still be around in plentiful numbers at those prices

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    I've seen Generations: Jetfire at toyworld in the past few weeks. Besides that I haven't seen Generations toys here (besides AoE) since the FOC toys.

I missed the Wreckers toys - the only one I wanted was Impactor and now he goes for a fricken fortune on ebay
    Thanks Trev. So basically, what you're saying is, don't hold your breath.
    New Acquisitions:
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks