Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Play With This Too...

Shame they didn't make it, not sure why, or if the goal was to high for an action figure start up, the only ones on Kickstarter I've seen peaked at $60k (if there were others let me know), and PWTT went $10k over so in that regard I think they did pretty well.

I think having a few more prototypes to show of would have helped too, but eve with their credentials and a Transformer tie in, it still may have been ti niche to reach their target.

We have final numbers. Not funded, but a great showing on the last day. 406 backers and $71,625 pledged out of $80,000. That's roughly 90% funded!

I, for one, am still interested in buying these figures if you can come up with another source of funding their creation.

One thing I think all reasonable people can agree on, is that this campaign was too close not to try again in some form. Good luck on the future PWTToo!

Biggest problem I think is the range the spread the figures over....

The first that interested me wasn't unlocked until 280K.... And I wasn't going in until it hit that. I wanted right up to like 400K.... And would have gone one of the "one of everything" options.... But didn't want the "worth the same" backup plan of 3x the boring basics or whatever they ended up promising.

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    I think they should have focused on offering a single bundle that a large majority of collectors would be keen on. At the end of the project there were 87 backers for Desolataur and 60 Backers for Bloodbath. Perhaps set $120 for Bloodbath + Desolataur + a retro-print T-shirt (of either Bloodbath or Desolataur rather than the green alien logo - they've got cool art people want already so it should be pretty easy to pump them out en masse).
    Yeah the rewards were way too confusing. They also should have shown a prototype months ago not within the last month.

I don't know enough about Kickstarter. Is it a once only offering, or can you resubmit with more modest goals? I would have been all in for Jetstrike
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    I don't know enough about Kickstarter. Is it a once only offering, or can you resubmit with more modest goals? I would have been all in for Jetstrike
    Yes, they could resubmit, but it makes more sense that if they try again they make some improvements so they do better. They have said they are not finished we just may have to wait a few weeks.

Looks like a small piece Play With This Too to going ahead next with the Chainbill Splatterpus mold.

The Big News Is Here! | BMOG Toys

We’re teaming up with Nonnef Productions to produce Chainbill Splatterpus! This mechanical monotreme excels at semi-aquatic combat and may be available for sale by and at Botcon 2015 in multiple colorways.

Nonnef’s manufacturing setup is perfectly geared to our needs. More announcements and changes will be coming in the next week or so.

Stay tuned!

I can see that selling, but are PlayWithThisToo actually the BMOG team, or are they separate entities? I was looking forward to a whole lot more BMOGs, but a single platypus isn't much more of an addition to their existing lineup.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    I can see that selling, but are PlayWithThisToo actually the BMOG team, or are they separate entities? I was looking forward to a whole lot more BMOGs, but a single platypus isn't much more of an addition to their existing lineup.
    Trent Troop, who owns BMOG is a member of the PWTToo team.

We have seen renders for a large bird of prey (Featherblight) and a set of 3 prehistoric reptiles, as well as art work for a bunny hand grenade and an eel-weapon. Presumably without Kickstarter campaign money to finance this, they have to release one item at a time and use the profit from one toy to make the next. The Splatterpus was just about finished anyways, so it's coming out.

I recently had a chance to take some pictures of the Desolataur prototype. Here is a preview of the upcoming gallery: