Page 362 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 342352357358359360361362363364365366367372382 ... LastLast
Results 3,611 to 3,620 of 10406

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Prime View Post
    Thanks mate - just waiting on their reply email with total EMS shipping cost for 5 United figures.

Hopefully it's reasonable
    I bought my Reissue Predaking through AmiAmi, I think for distance and weight the circa $50 EMS postage was pretty fair, so you should be in good hands dude.

I just read Mindset's bio on the back of his box. He's an Autobot?! I always thought it was a Decepticon toy. So this means of all the eight single-packed deluxes in the Reveal the Shield line, all of them are Autobots!? The gimmick seems a little pointless when all of them are revealed to be fighting on the same side, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    The gimmick seems a little pointless
    'A little'?

The entire gimmick is pointless

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Prime View Post
    'A little'?

The entire gimmick is pointless
    god i thought i was the only one who thought the rts gimmick was freakin stupid. was afraid i was gonna get bashed for admitting so!

only reason i havent bought the recent local deluxes was because of the gimmick...

I just read Mindset's bio on the back of his box. He's an Autobot?! I always thought it was a Decepticon toy. So this means of all the eight single-packed deluxes in the Reveal the Shield line, all of them are Autobots!? The gimmick seems a little pointless when all of them are revealed to be fighting on the same side, isn't it?
    Well, they all bust each other up pretty bad , firing lasers, rockets and wotnot, and then someone wipes they sigil and everyone just drops jaw, your a F%%$#% autobot too!!! WTF!!
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by ITZTRU View Post
    god i thought i was the only one who thought the rts gimmick was freakin stupid. was afraid i was gonna get bashed for admitting so!

only reason i havent bought the recent local deluxes was because of the gimmick...
    It's probably the lamest thing they have come up with in a long time.

I think in order for it to have worked made sense, the following should have occurred:

- no iconic characters (who doesn't know Prime, BBee, etc aren't Autobots?)
    - don't display the faction on the packaging (stupid idea telling people they need to rub the shield to reveal the allegiance when the faction symbol is printed on the packaging)

Rub signs I don't mind, but don't base an entire line on a stupid gimmick which was ill-thought out and half-arsed in execution.

I agree. The symbol on the back of the packaging ruined it. The front hides it, even the little symbol on the bubble has a question mark. And then there is character choice. Of the eight deluxes Mindset is the only one not a well defined character. But even then I was under the assumption this was the two page Decepticon from the G2 comics.

I agree. The symbol on the back of the packaging ruined it. The front hides it, even the little symbol on the bubble has a question mark. And then there is character choice. Of the eight deluxes Mindset is the only one not a well defined character. But even then I was under the assumption this was the two page Decepticon from the G2 comics.
    Surprise!

Yeah, they seriously stuffed up Reveal The Shield. What it should have been was completely new characters with random shields like Battle Beasts or Mini-spies, where you theoretically don't know what's on the rubsign until you open the toy. Then you could have a Decepticon Mindset or an Autobot Mindset - collect them both!

I too agree. I thought the exact same thing when I first saw them. Looked at the back and saw the huge insignias printed out. I immediately thought wtf?! whats the point then?

and even then i just always thought the rub sign ruined the look of the figure when used to replace the actual symbol. take tracks for example. instead of the nice looking autobot symbol on his chest in bot mode, u get a dull black thing instead. ruined it for me completely and again is the reason why i chose not to buy them. I know it's a preference thing, but im big in displaying my transformers in bot mode 99% of the time. looks and fine attention to detail are big to me and ended up being a deal breaker for the line. I dont care how cheap BIS packs are. It's the shield that make me say no.

Personally I like the concept of Reveal the Shield, altough I also agree that its implementation has not really been as effective as it was intended to be.

The original G1 rubsigns where in place to distinguish between 'Authentic' transformers and other transforming robots (eg. Gobots). In contrast the RTS was meant to reveal whether they were Autobot or Decepticon. This concept could be more effective for more generic transformer characters. These could be new, obscure or troop building figures (such as Mindset, a good example of a G2 Decepticon or a new Autobot character).