Thread: July JP toys now out & images (plus GO! Ratchet)

Default July JP toys now out & images (plus GO! Ratchet)

The July items from Japan have now been released, which includes...
    GTR3 Megatron
    G-05 Gekisomaru (new mould Lion - combiner)
    G-06 Smokescreen (different colouring, no armour)
    G-07 Bakudora (blue/red DLX Ripclaw)

Some packaging images can be seen here.

For some reason, there were no Generations toys in July, as they have some released every month in 2013 in Japan.

Plus images of the G-19 Hunter Ratchet that comes out in August, which will have a green colouring in Japan. Not only is it green, but it is going to be a Decepticon in Japan... so hopefully we have some story behind the change in colour and allegiance for this toy. (apparently in the JP GO! series, Ratchet is abducted and brainwashed into being the Medic of Darkness - not sure if that is true though)
    Apparently the face has been adjusted to give him more of a screaming look... but it is difficult to tell.

I think if they gave it purple with the green, it would make more sense, as a homage to Gen1 Constructicons, some of who were medics in their spare time (while destroying things was their day job).

The green colour scheme is a huge improvement for that toy, but it does look more like Movie Ratchet now. Maybe Movie Ratchet was evil all along too?

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    The green colour scheme is a huge improvement for that toy, but it does look more like Movie Ratchet now. Maybe Movie Ratchet was evil all along too?
    Well considering that he was pretty inept as a surgeon/medic, it would explain a lot. He can't fix bumblebee's voice, he can't fix dead prime and needs a human with the matrix, and I suspect he's not going to even bother attempting to put ironhide back together.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Bakudora's in my PoL & i'll be picking up Ratchet as well.

I really like Bakudora, but I think I still like Ripclaw more though.

Hunter Ratchet is a weird toy made even weirder. It's great!