Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Next TF cartoon to take place within the 'Prime' Continuity

Default Next TF cartoon to take place within the 'Prime' Continuity

The latest news in that the next Transformers cartoon will take place within the 'Prime' continuity:

From Seibertron:
    IGN has posted an interview with Transformers Prime's Roberto Orci regarding the next Transformers cartoon now that Transformers Prime Beast Hunters has concluded. Orci confirms that he will be producing the next series, and much of the Transformers Prime production team will be involved. He goes on to to say that while the next series will be more geared toward a younger audience it is not a reboot and it will take place within the Transformers Prime continuity. When asked if the voice cast will be returning he replied yes, provided they are interested in returning.

IGN: I don’t know if you’ve heard of cynical people on the Internet, but they do exist. You know that some adult fans will say, “Oh, they’re going to make it a total kid thing now. It’s going to just be for kids!” What would you say to that, as far as the balance you’re looking to strike?

Orci: I would say that clever wit always makes it something more adult. I think the look of it, you may find, is more kid-friendly. But we certainly don’t intend to be any less entertaining or any less Transformers. But there is a little bit of truth to that. I won’t deny that also, yes, we’re trying to make sure that younger kids who really love Transformers aren’t put off by its intensity.

So I take it that TFPRime was aimed at an older audience, Rescue Bots is for the wee little tikes, and this will be somewhere in between. Three cartoons as part of one continuity, haven't had that since the Unicron Trilogy.

I am most pleased that they are intending to maintain continuity and not reboot!

Kid friendly... this could have different meanings. TFP started off more kid friendly, but then got darker as the series progressed. Kid friendly isn't necessarily a bad thing if done right... what I fear from it would be:
    + Campiness
    + Annoying human characters
    + Lack of character development
    + Megatron returning (seriously... leave him dead. Kids can cope with a new Decepticon leader (we did when we were kids growing up w/ G1! Galvatron*, Ratbat, Thunderwing, Bludgeon etc.)

----------------------
    *While technically Galvatron is a reincarnation of Megatron, he is in some essence a "new" leader (much like how different incarnations of the Doctor are "new" Doctors).
    Last edited by GoktimusPrime; 8th August 2013 at 10:37 PM. Reason: spoiler tagged

Don't forget we had to put up with Rodimus for a while!

+1 on the annoying humans bit. Prime had it nailed with the level of human interaction.

Where is a bang head against a brick wall smiley when you need one?

Kid friendly makes me immediately think of annoying human companions and hardened warriors that couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.

I think I will wait and watch the new series before forming an opinion, I made that mistake with TF Animated.

I am glad that it is a continuation of TF Prime

Speaking as someone who has now watched each Rescue Bot's episode 97 times, I'm glad they are bringing something new I can watch with my son :-)

Don't really know how to feel about this right now, but as Gok said, I hope it's not campy. The constant destruction of Autobot bases really helped the whole on the lamb part of TFP.

TMNT is quite dark now, with the whole Nowhere is Safe thing going on and kids are eating up the toys like there's no tomorrow.

Here is the full interview:

http://au.ign.com/articles/2013/08/0...9c55bc30000016

Glad to hear that they really want Cullen & Welker as well as the rest of the voice cast back for the new series if they are willing to come back - very cool. While I have really loved season 3 of TFPrime, if the next series is anything like TF Animated I'll be happy

Just not another RID/Armada/Energon/Cybertron styled cartoon - please!
    Last edited by BigTransformerTrev; 9th August 2013 at 11:24 AM. Reason: Possible spoiler

I hope it's similar to Transformers Animated.

I dont know why companies assume all kids like things to be "kiddie". My four year old son loves transformers prime, G1 and young justice and the like and when i showed him rescue robots he was not really a fan of the show. So if it aint broke dont fix it.