Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Collector Club Subscription set 3 now open for orders

Default Collector Club Subscription set 3 now open for orders

The 2015 Club subscription figures were revealed at BotCon this year, and they are now available to pre-order for Club members until October 2nd.

There are seven figures again this year, with the main six being all Deluxes, and the mystery bonus figure won't be officially known for about another 12 months.

Of the six main figures, one has had a slight name change, but not the one that they told us might not get approved (Serpent O.R.). Instead, it was Zap that is now Carzap.

For those who are members, you have about four weeks to pre-order your set... for US$297 (an increase of US$18 from last year), plus shipping.
    That will work out to about AU$70 per toy with shipping, or AU$60 per toy if you factor in the bonus figure.
    Log in through the Club website, which also has a preview image of Krok... which is just like the Magazine preview and BotCon preview, in that we still only get to see the robot mode.
    (other previews should be posted on that site over the next week, but the BotCon reveal at least lets people know what each one is)

For non-Members, there are a couple of group order postings in the Saleyard... but be quick, as people hosting them will need to close them up with time to spare before October 2nd.

For a recap on the known figures from BotCon...
    Actionmaster Krok with Gatoraider - Generations Megatron (new head) & JP Micron gater.
    Nacelle - Classicverse Thrust looking like an early 80s catalogue (blue/red/white Thrust).
    Serpent O.R. green/gold/purple JP Generations Ratbat.
    Carzap - red/white/purple Generations Bumblebee/Nightbeat (looks like a new head), with Kreon GB Blackrock & Kreo station (homaging the unreleased Japanese Blocktown series).
    Gen2 Starscream - redeco of Classic-verse Starscream to go with G2 Ramjet.
    Tarantulas - redeco of JP Ehobby (Generations) Scrapheap, with 2 JP Micron beetles.

Theres alot of red white and blue in those figures

I ordered it this morning... I am loving the G2 stuff.

As I have said before Nacelle (while cool) should have saved for next years subscription service or some other exclusive.

Only really like Krok and tarantulus

Quote Originally Posted by Barrel05 View Post
    Only really like Krok and tarantulus
    Only Krok for me - the others hold no interest

The Platinum Edition Sideswipe and JP GEN Ratbat have that metallic shine to the plastic, so it is possible... so it would be good if they manage to get it done in shiny green & gold like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Serpent O R looks surprisingly nice.... In a weird way. There's no way he's going to have that shine on him is he? I quite the fangs on his chest/abs
    it sure does. Im still on the fence with this guy though

I just went to place my order and it's over $100 in shipping, and another $20 odd in insurance. Was it this expensive last year?

I'm sold on the figures, but add one hundred for shipping and they start to look like very expensive exclusives. I wonder if it's be cheaper through BBTS to just cherry pick? But if the 7th is something awesome (eg Redwing) it would be pricey to get back in the secondary market
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

It is six shipments after all.... which is at least $17 each. That's the same as the last two years for a single set (which is why I try to get at least one extra set, to bring it down to about $75 shipping per set).
    $17 isn't excessive by American standards (especially when you use ebay), but FunPub started hiding their shipping amounts, so it is impossible to know how cheap they are getting it, and keeping the difference.

When they arrive, you should be able to work it out through the USPS website, but then you have to hassle them for proof of what they paid, and/or a refund.
    And they make that so frustrating, you give up bothering to chase it up after a while.