View Poll Results: Would you like the option to upgrade the quality of packaging on PC orders for a fee?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes this is an option I would use on some, if not all, of my orders

12 42.86%
  • No this is not an option of thing I would use

16 57.14%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Premium packaging option for PC orders?

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    I'm not going to vote but I can't really see an issue as customers if there is a separate paid option for better care or something.
    To be fair, the poll isn't asking if you agree or disagree with this idea, but simply if it's an option you would use or not. So I think that it'd still be worth voting on.

I voted yes, there should at least be the option to have "collectors grade" packaging available.
    For the most part I've had very few problems with PCs deliveries, though there was one instance where a deluxe was semi crushed, which could have been avoided with bubble wrap or better yet a styrofoam shell inside the box.
    The toy itself was undamaged fortunately, but I've also seen a situation where a customer got their order of a MP Shockwave I think it was, and it was as flat as a pancake. Yes, most definitely the delivery persons fault, but this could have perhaps been avoided with the option to have collectors packaging.
    I understand the people who have a problem with this because they have never needed such a service, but that's why it should be an optional service, so that it doesn't affect those that don't want it, and those that do want it can be happy too

Thanks to everyone who has voted so far. I'll give this poll until this Friday and will then forward the results to PC.

I have emailed PC about this idea and the poll and will post any feedback received.

I realise I'm late to the party, but I think PC already have exceptional packing.

All of my orders have arrived with crumpled butchers paper filling in any space and of late they have been using more, ensuring boxes don't move around.

my only criticism is that the paper is only on one side with the contents directly contacting the bottom of the box and ample space above filled with paper providing a buffer to the upper surface.

I would much prefer to see some packing underneath and some on top.
    this has the effect of protecting the contents from sharp protrusions digging through the outside box. scrunched paper will also provide some assistance in resisting the outer box from being crushed. (look up column buckling theory)

A thin layer of bubblewrap is not actually very good protection. it's fine for absorbing broad impacts but will achieve nothing if something sharpish digs into the box. It also doesn't do much to stop boxes from moving around inside the parcel, unless it's filling the entire empty space (just like the butchers paper already does).

BBTS have a very cool bubble wrap that they use as an outer layer that they have gone budget on over time. but they still fill internal spaces with scrunched paper. and some other shops wrap the contents into a bundle and glue the bundle to an extra layer of card at the bottom of the box, not a bad solution but leaves a lot of crushable space.

on the environmental side of things, the paper is a renewable resource, bio-degradable and probably made from partially recycled materials. bubble wrap doesn't go away.

Anyway, that's my 2c, I like what they're doing already but it could use some finessing.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quick update. I emailed PC about this poll and suggestion a month ago. I did receive an initial email from customer service saying that it had been forwarded to management but have not heard anything further. Doesn't look like it has gone anywhere but will post back here if I hear anything further.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    Quick update. I emailed PC about this poll and suggestion a month ago. I did receive an initial email from customer service saying that it had been forwarded to management but have not heard anything further. Doesn't look like it has gone anywhere but will post back here if I hear anything further.
    Don't take it too hard, Scott has probably thought about it. I believe his issue would be charging more but not meeting the expectations vs current acceptable delivery.

I just gotten two of my destroids monsters from them, and I felt it was well packed.