View Poll Results: MP-12 Lambor/Sideswipe - worth buying?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

41 74.55%
  • Only if...

10 18.18%
  • No

2 3.64%
  • Not even interested

2 3.64%
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415

Thread: Toy Review - JP Masterpiece Lambor/Sideswipe

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Sideswipe wowed with the Lamborghini license. The fact that it is a beautifully proportioned Countach that transforms is amazing.

G2 version is even better.
    Tru Dat!
    I really liked it, I have no connection to the G2 character at all but I couldn't pass up the Black Countach.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    Tru Dat!
    I really liked it, I have no connection to the G2 character at all but I couldn't pass up the Black Countach.
    Black countach was well painted almost on par with mp streak IMO they are the two best painted car mp till date.

Kranix is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I have the second run Sideswipe and he is painted really well as in my G2 version.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kranix View Post
    I have the second run Sideswipe and he is painted really well as in my G2 version.
    I second this. The paint just pops, is such a disappointment when Tracks does not give me the same effect,

Kranix is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    I second this. The paint just pops, is such a disappointment when Tracks does not give me the same effect,
    I now have the recent third run MP12 and I think it's painted just as well as my second run. I still think MP12 is the best MP carbot made.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    I have both, and both wow me in different ways in terms of colours.

Imo Sideswipe's the better figure in bot mode, but not by a huge margin, yet I think Tracks' car mode is a little better - just the "depth" to the metallic colouring in the plastic,more seamless appearance and weapon storage. Not to mention the unnecessary yet awesome flight mode.

However Sideswipe is still really solid, I love how smooth the transformation is, and how his lower legs form up, and just the little touch of rotating the "air intakes" forward to fill out the shin profile and folding up the side windows to maintain his silhouette just show amazing attention to detail

I have very fond memories of the expectation leading up to this first MP Autobot car (Rodimus notwithstanding as that wasn't a license vehicle)... here's my video review of MP-12 plus a comparison with the very good Universe Deluxe Sideswipe figure:

Recent acquisitions: SS Leader Blackout & Deluxe Starscream, & FP Pinchar (Snarl)!
    Upcoming: SS Voyager OP, Megs, Brawl & Ironhide!
    Wishlist: Voyager Astrotrain & Octane (Thank you Hasbro!), Modern Dinobots (Thank you FP!)

Perth WAtch - YouTube - Sharing my passion for watches & horology
    Perth TransFan - YouTube - Sharing my interest in all things Transformers!

Did you import your MP12? Cos if you bought it locally at TRU then it should have an English language booklet which basically contains a wonderful () translation of a lot the info that you pointed at on the back of the box.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Did you import your MP12? Cos if you bought it locally at TRU then it should have an English language booklet which basically contains a wonderful () translation of a lot the info that you pointed at on the back of the box.
    What, really!? I never knew about the translated booklets! Oh well, in the end I probably would still have gotten him on import as the AUD/USD rates were very favorable at that time IIRC. I will have to Google those translations!
    Recent acquisitions: SS Leader Blackout & Deluxe Starscream, & FP Pinchar (Snarl)!
    Upcoming: SS Voyager OP, Megs, Brawl & Ironhide!
    Wishlist: Voyager Astrotrain & Octane (Thank you Hasbro!), Modern Dinobots (Thank you FP!)

Perth WAtch - YouTube - Sharing my passion for watches & horology
    Perth TransFan - YouTube - Sharing my interest in all things Transformers!

Or you could check out this thread Some of the images on the Hasbro version have also been changed (as detailed on the thread).