Thread: RiD Mini-con Weaponizers Wave 2 Lancelon

Default RiD Mini-con Weaponizers Wave 2 Lancelon

I don't watch RiD so it might be common knowledge, but is Lancelon a Decepticon or is it an Autobot? It's just the packaging art and product photo on the back clearly has a purple Decepticon logo, and Starscream comes with Lancelon as a Decepticon in the TRU exclusive versions. But the one I picked up yesterday clearly has an Autobot logo.... Is it an 'error' packaged by mistake, are they all that way in Wave 2, or is it a plot device with him switching sides? I don't know whether to open him or AFA grade it , lol.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Lancelon <--this answers your question

I know you weren't being serious about the AFA grading thing, but just a reminder to our less experienced members who may be thinking about it, errors in toys generally do not appreciate well. In the overwhelming majority of cases it would probably depreciate the toy more. Simple economics; in order for something to fetch a high price there needs to be low supply and high demand. While erroneously packaged toys are certainly a rarity, there simply isn't sufficient demand for these toys from collectors to drive prices up like the Australian housing market. Some people like to collect these things as curiosities, but yeah, they're not really collectible though.

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    I don't watch RiD so it might be common knowledge, but is Lancelon a Decepticon or is it an Autobot? It's just the packaging art and product photo on the back clearly has a purple Decepticon logo, and Starscream comes with Lancelon as a Decepticon in the TRU exclusive versions. But the one I picked up yesterday clearly has an Autobot logo.... Is it an 'error' packaged by mistake, are they all that way in Wave 2, or is it a plot device with him switching sides? I don't know whether to open him or AFA grade it , lol.
    The single pack version is meant to be an Autobot, but the 4-pack and Powersurge versions of Lancelon are Decepticons... which isn't the first time for the RID Minicons, as Dragonus has two Decepticon versions and one Autobot version.
    The odd thing about Lancelon though is that his single pack version was clearly initially intended to be a Decepticon... or the packaging designers were under the impression that he was going to be a Decepticon, because it has Decepticons on the packaging (holding Lancelon in the artwork on the front, and as the toy on the back), and has the Decepticon symbol on the pack... and as you noted, the packaging also uses images of Lancelon with a Decepticon symbol...

Plus... if you notice inside the pack, he comes with a Decepticon shaped armour tree.

This was something I noticed when I got it on Sunday, and was in the process of taking some photos to post up on TFW - will you be classifying Lancelon as an Autobot or Decepticon... as the toy has an Autobot logo, but everything else suggests it is, or should be, a Decepticon.
    (in other words - if the packaging/bio contradicts the allegiance of the toy itself, which do you think is correct)

Since there is no actual bio with the Minicons, the only canonical "bio" ends up being the allegiance on the packaging (or an appearance in the cartoon). But then again, he could be like TFCybertron Skyshadow, who was packaged as a Decepticon, but was really an Autobot (Jetfire) undercover as a Decepticon.

I'd totally forgotten Jetfire/Skyshadow! It just seemed strange to see the Decepticon logo in the packaging art and photos at back, and knowing he goes with Starscream anyway. Maybe they switched at the last moment to even out the ranks, or it will be revealed in the next season of RiD.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

this was my query as well.... I thought I was just confused, but yeah he has an allegiance identity crisis .

without divulging much from the new season . I watched only 3 episodes so far and Lancelon is more of neutral... as in minicon but not allied to one or the other... there's 7 of them actually of special weapon minicons that Starscream is hunting out. but they're not aligned .... yet to any group.... yet... I haven't seen any indication so far as well that Lancelon would go for decepticon allegiance which is why I got confused with the discrepancy of packaging and figure symbol...
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]