Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: POTP Throne of the Primes redeco Optimal Optimus

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    Received mine today and the outside packaging was dented on every side... like the post office had purposefully thrown every side of the box onto a corner of a table to put dents into it. Naturally when I opened it up the packaging is all smashed up, even though it was protected on all sides by foam. I haven't brought myself to inspect the bot for damage yet. Not happy given I was going to keep him MISB
    That sucks mate, who did you order from? Can't imagine it would arrive like that from RK given how well they package with styrofoam notwithstanding post office carelessness.

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    That sucks mate, who did you order from? Can't imagine it would arrive like that from RK given how well they package with styrofoam notwithstanding post office carelessness.
    I did order from RK but it is not their fault. They could not have packaged it any better. It clearly was the handling. Like I said, it was so dinged on every side it looked like it had been thrown into the corners of a desk on purchase. I don't understand how it could have been handled so poorly by accident.

It was insured so I will email RK about it but not sure what, if anything, they can/will do. They have been pretty good in the past.

Of course, if anyone has a MISB one that they are yet to open and they didn't want the box and are willing to trade (assuming I check and there is no damage other than to the box) let me know

I did order from RK but it is not their fault. They could not have packaged it any better. It clearly was the handling. Like I said, it was so dinged on every side it looked like it had been thrown into the corners of a desk on purchase. I don't understand how it could have been handled so poorly by accident.

It was insured so I will email RK about it but not sure what, if anything, they can/will do. They have been pretty good in the past.

Of course, if anyone has a MISB one that they are yet to open and they didn't want the box and are willing to trade (assuming I check and there is no damage other than to the box) let me know
    Wow that is very surprising and of course not RK's fault. Hope someone can trade with you.

Quote Originally Posted by hYpNoS View Post
    https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Produ...nDetails/77969

Big bad seems to have him the cheapest so far at 89.99, problem is US shipping and gst 10% on top so unless you want to see how much japanese retailers are going this is the best bet
    I've taken a punt and pre-ordered PP-43 from BBTS. I'll be in the US for all of January anyway, so there's a good chance I'll pick him up while I'm there.

This is just a hedging purchase in the unlikely event that the TT release is in someway different (better?) than the Hasbro SDCC. If they're found to be identical prior to release, I'll just cancel the pre-order.

Other is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I really doubt that 43 releases into an import line that hasn't changed jack so far TT would suddenly start making changes
    Anyway dudes 10,000 yen, Jan 2019 release. Could be be better could be worse, better than ebay right now at any rate

Quote Originally Posted by Other View Post
    I really doubt that 43 releases into an import line that hasn't changed jack so far TT would suddenly start making changes
    Anyway dudes 10,000 yen, Jan 2019 release. Could be be better could be worse, better than ebay right now at any rate
    I expect (and hope) you're right re: no differences... but it costs me nothing to double down at this point.

Too late now, but if it happens again take a photo of the damage from multiple perspectives BEFORE opening, to document it for insurance. If it's a courier, I wouldn't accept the delivery in that condition.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    Too late now, but if it happens again take a photo of the damage from multiple perspectives BEFORE opening, to document it for insurance. If it's a courier, I wouldn't accept the delivery in that condition.
    I already did that. Any time I see damage on the outside of the box I make sure I snap a pic of the box on every side before opening.

RK has simply said that unless there is damage to the item itself, they won't replace it. Most of the time I am not precious about the box but in this instance I see the box as part of the item!

Convoid is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Takara Tomy PP-43 Throne of the Primes now available for pre-order at:

Toybot importz:
    https://www.toybotimportz.com.au/col...optimus-primal

Hobbylink Japan:

Quote Originally Posted by BruiseLee View Post
    POTP Throne of the Primes up for preorder:

https://hlj.com/product/tkt79951
    Estimated arrival: Jan/Feb 2019

The official images of the Japanese release appear to continue the trend of TakaraTomy just releasing the Hasbro product, even the same packaging... despite this being an exclusive to SDCC, which I would have thought they might have been forced to do something different with the contents or packaging to keep the SDCC version unique.
    (even though most SDCC Transformers in the last 5-ish years have been released in Asia by Hasbro Hong Kong, I thought that the Japanese release by TakaraTomy would be treated differently, since it is being released at a different time, and possibly different production run)