Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Retrospective Milestone TFs

I just hit the #1700 mark with TF Go! Shockwave. "Only" 300 to go till I hit the 2000 mark, which may take mebbe 2-3 years to reach? <shrugs> I'm not exactly rushing myself to get to that mark -- it'll happen when it happens.

I vaguely remember some of my milestones:

*I had exactly one gross (144) of G1 Transformers as a kid/teenager, before I started collecting again in my early 20's

*My 500th was Masterpiece Starscream from my wife for christmas

*My 800th was Robot Heroes ROTF Ravage

*My 900th was Masterpiece Grimlock

*My 1000th was G1 Gnaw

*My 1200th was Generations FOC Grimlock

Besides that I can't remember. Just too many! And the only reason I know how many I have is I try and keep them cataloged for insurance purposes.

It was a lot easier in the early days, but now i CBF keeping count. Maybe one day

Early in the day I kept track of my collection with a Commodore 64!
    I just noticed that back in post #5 (March 24, 2008) I was wondering what my 1337th Transformer would be I hit that mark some time in 2010, and thanks to someone giving me a bunch of free Transformers, it ended up being G1 Fastlane! I was really hoping it'd be Reveal the Shield Perceptor, but alas that toy didn't come out in time for that.

Wow, this is an old thread. Haven't seen Borgeman in a long time.

The only retrospective milestone I know is that my 200th figure was (video pack) Airazor. Since then I've completely lost count.

And what do I do with a VHS copy of Aftermath and Coming of the Fuzors Part 1 these days?

I track mine in Excel but haven't set it up in a way that I know the order of when I bought them or how much I paid for them at the time. In hindsight, I probably should have. Oh well...
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

I kept track of my milestones, but not intentionally at first... which is why most of them kinda suck as milestone toys.

Holy thread revival! Luckily this topic never ceases to be relevant

I honestly have no idea how many milestones I've passed; not even an approximation sadly Over the last 4 years I've moved house 5 times so most of the collection stays boxed. Really need to stop renting and buy a house

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    I track mine in Excel but haven't set it up in a way that I know the order of when I bought them or how much I paid for them at the time. In hindsight, I probably should have. Oh well...
    The introduction of set price points/size classes in Beast Wars helps me keep track of approximately how much I paid for toys purchased since 1996, but I don't remember how much I paid for most toys before then.

IIRC G1 Minibots were $2, I remember Constructicons being $9, and 1987 standard Headmasters were about $20-30?

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    I vaguely remember some of my milestones:

*I had exactly one gross (144) of G1 Transformers as a kid/teenager, before I started collecting again in my early 20's

*My 500th was Masterpiece Starscream from my wife for christmas

*My 800th was Robot Heroes ROTF Ravage

*My 900th was Masterpiece Grimlock

*My 1000th was G1 Gnaw

*My 1200th was Generations FOC Grimlock

Besides that I can't remember. Just too many! And the only reason I know how many I have is I try and keep them cataloged for insurance purposes.

Well, with the delivery of Wave 3 of the Kreo Microchangers I've broken the 1400 mark! (Bear in mind I go by the BATCM, not the UCM). Technically with the arrival of these 12 I think it makes it 1403

So the question is, do I A: just open them at random without checking the codes to see which one becomes my 1400th? Or do I B: save Sharkticon and open him at the 1400 mark so it sorta recreates getting G1 Gnaw as my 1000th?

(I kinda wished my ebay purchases had shown up in a different order so G1 Pretender Grimlock could have been my 1400th but he showed up 2 weeks ago )