View Poll Results: 25th Anniversary Unicron - worth buying?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

11 78.57%
  • Only if...

2 14.29%
  • No

1 7.14%
  • Not interested

0 0%

Thread: Toy Review - 25th Anniversary Unicron

Default Toy Review - 25th Anniversary Unicron

(Please post photos, comments or even a fully comprehensive review - these are just brief details)

Toy Review - Unicron w/ Kranix
    Series - Transformers
    Sub-line - (25th Anniversary Transformers The Movie)
    Size/class - (Supreme + Minicon)
    Wave - n/a
    New/remould/redeco - remould (of last US version), redeco (of last JP version)
    Released here - no (in US August 2011 - also Asia & Canada)
    Approximate Retail Price - US$60 (Amazon.com exclusive in US)
    Approximate Size - 37cm (Unicron), 5cm (Kranix)
    Allegiance - Decepticon
    Alt-mode - Planet (Unicron) moon/armed-sentry? (Kranix)
    Main Features/Gimmicks - Electronic lights, launching projectiles, can hold 30+ Minicons.
    Main Colours - Orange, blue, silver (Unicron), grey, red, orange (Kranix)
    Main Accessories - 6 small missiles, 1 large missile, 2 planet shell parts, 2 outer ring parts, Kranix.

I finally took this out of its Amazon box and I'm not sure I will open it. It displays so nicely in the box, and I've got the Armada toy to play with if I wanted to, and the planet mode is not great. I think I will get enough enjoyment out of it just by being able to look at it.

The box tells me that Mini-cons can be attached but are sold separately, so where do I buy those today Hasbro? Maybe they could have left that off the box this time...

He comes with the first ever toy-release of Kranix - of course he's worth buying.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    )
    Released here - no (in US August 2011 - also Asia & Canada)

If this toy were released locally I'd nab it... but I'm not going to import one since I already have Armada Unicron.

Got this from my wonderful partner for Christmas. Not having owned a previous version the various mold degradation issues are less noticeable to me. I got the correct planet halves and teeth, however the planet rings are both the same (barely noticeable in either mode and I probably wouldn't have known if I hadn't read about it earlier).

The colours are fantastic, pictures don't do it justice...which is odd for something sold as an online exclusive. Also odd that so much wonderful effort was put into the packaging. Clearly this was picked up as an exclusive after the fact (i guess they probably all are?)

First time i have owned this mould too and i love it. Though some prefer the Takara 2010 paint scheme this one works for me. I like to open all 5 storage bays as he seems bigger. Downside is that I wish he was more stable and had green LED's instead of red.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

I have this and compared them both. Although I personally prefer the Amazon release as the bette paint job, the Takara-Tomy one feels more solid as it seems to use better materials.

I haven't seen the TakaraTomy one in-hand, but the colour scheme, while faithful, looks kind of plain.

I do like the Amazon Unicron's paint scheme. It works well.

My only complaint is that the primary peg for Kranix is poorly molded so Kranix just spins loosely around on it and falls off if Unicron is tilted. I don't know if this is a defect common to all Unicrons or just mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post
    My only complaint is that the primary peg for Kranix is poorly molded so Kranix just spins loosely around on it and falls off if Unicron is tilted. I don't know if this is a defect common to all Unicrons or just mine.
    It was the same on my first-run Armada Unicron - I guess it's possibly something they've just never fixed.

Hey guys, rather than post the photos in here - was hoping I could get some help

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...440#post280440