Page 11 of 168 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415162131 ... LastLast

Thread: The 3rd party acquisitions thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Are you able to show me an "exploded view" to clarify? I think the problem with mine was that the back is not connected properly - I noticed that one side is shorter than the other. The longer side I know needs to be pushed in further, but I didn't feel good about using more force (this is not the part where I need to pinch the locking tabs by the way, that part seems okay).

For me, the forearms were pushed in as much as I could after pinching in the locking tabs on either side - the fit between the connectors were really, really tight. :0
    What do you mean by "exploded view"? Let me know what you mean so that I can show you.

The waist, and all 4 limb joints in combine mode has the 'lock' buttons. However you don't have to use them when connecting the knees (but they are necessary to disconnect).

The shoulders need you to be pushing the button as you connect the arms and because they are tiny, this can be very tricky as there is two of them for each shoulder that need to be pushed simultaneously. Once done, the arm joint will go all the way in and very smoothly. When you release the button, it will be fixed very solidly and move easily through the ratchet joint and able to maintain poses.

When it comes to Mixmaster, the robot mode waist (the connector from 'cab' to 'barrel trailer' in vehicle mode) needs to be pushed in through a similar button as the arms. You can only do this when the cab is in 'foot mode'. You will notice that it will shorten and level with the other leg.

The waist connect though 'clips' that only hook up properly if you align them while pushing little buttons that open up the 'hooks' connectors that clamp on the waist. When you release the buttons, the waist clamps into the torso.
    Last edited by kup; 14th August 2012 at 11:53 PM.

If possible I am greener then the green giant! Thanks for posting photos guys, the giant looks awesome. If only my wallet wasn't shrinking away from me and having a cowering in the corner I'd definitely want to pick up one of these!

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    What do you mean by "exploded view"? Let me know what you mean so that I can show you.
    I meant whether you could show me the connection points on your set so I could get a better idea of your description - but I think I've got it resolved.

The back flap of the waist needed to be adjusted slightly to slot the peg in.

For the knees, I've pushed them in as far as I could, and I checked an online video, it looks like how I've got it.

See: http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7249/7...e2c8bb9e_c.jpg

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Comparisons with FP Bruticus:
    Cheers kup, they look stunning together!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I meant whether you could show me the connection points on your set so I could get a better idea of your description - but I think I've got it resolved.

The back flap of the waist needed to be adjusted slightly to slot the peg in.

For the knees, I've pushed them in as far as I could, and I checked an online video, it looks like how I've got it.

See: http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7249/7...e2c8bb9e_c.jpg

Cheers.
    That is certainly a lot better!

The design is pretty impressive as all those individual constructicons have very sound designs that would make them stand up fairly well with minimal compromising for the combined mode.

Remind me to order through RK from now on...

The more I look at these toys and study the transformations, the more I am liking the design and engineering efforts. The asymmetrical nature of the combined figure makes this such a nice set.

Yaay! my WST Seeker Squadron has arrived! Shme that the seller didn't have anymore WST Thundercracker then I would've completed the seekers already.

WST Acid Storm, Ghost Scream, Sunstorm, Ramjet, Translucent black Scream, Skywarp, Anime Starscream, Dirge (which is an extra Ill be selling at the Parra Fair)

Extra shot of the WST Ghost Screamer coz the first shot it isn't seen clearly.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Finally got to open them tonight and have a go. Geez they feel solid! Great engineering and they look really impressive in hand too.

I am impressed
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    Yaay! my WST Seeker Squadron has arrived! Shme that the seller didn't have anymore WST Thundercracker then I would've completed the seekers already.

WST Acid Storm, Ghost Scream, Sunstorm, Ramjet, Translucent black Scream, Skywarp, Anime Starscream, Dirge (which is an extra Ill be selling at the Parra Fair)

Extra shot of the WST Ghost Screamer coz the first shot it isn't seen clearly.
    Very cool! They will all look great displayed together!
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain