Page 4 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 234567891424 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Benben, your post pretty much falls into the 'Spoilers' category. Please provide a spoiler warning as a few members are currently watching Beast Wars and would hate to have it spoiled by a random post.

Watch the DVDs and find out. Or you can always type 'wiki Beast Wars' to read the wikipeida entry and spoil it for yourself.
    ________
    DRUG TESTING
    Last edited by kup; 22nd March 2011 at 01:39 PM.

Spoiler warning added and I've answered Benben's question via PM

benben2142 Guest

Default Movie Exclusive

Hey guys just wonder whats sam's club and whats best buy mean because I got the best buy movie ratchet with metalic finish from a friend in HK http://www.tfarchive3.com/toys/check...tion_movie.php

Sam's Club and Best Buy are both stores in America.

benben2142 Guest

Then how did my relatives get beast buy metalic ratchet from hk there are hk stcikers underneath the box also it's not a ko

Quote Originally Posted by benben2142 View Post
    Then how did my relatives get beast buy metalic ratchet from hk there are hk stcikers underneath the box also it's not a ko
    The store must have imported or bulk buy from America and hence selling them there benben

It is not uncommon for US store exclusives to turn up in other chains outside the USA. We received stock of the Kaybee Toys exclusive Machine Wars line here in Australia, despite the fact that this company has no presence here.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

oh god don't remind me. Back in 1997 when Machine Wars was a US KayBee exclusive line, non-US fans like me went and imported all the figures from the US... only later to have them come out everywhere here like a plague and shelf-warmed for a while. Meh.

I imported most of the original BW line, well before most fans here were into (or back into collecting). There was that wonderful eight month delay, so I just went and got to getting the toys (and show) from the USA.

...then we switched from US to UK Hasbro distribution and missed like 30 toys. I managed to nab all the non-TM show characters before the switch, but had a ****** of a time getting some of the missed toys (especially Cybershark). Tigatron has, to this day, never been released in Australia. Ditto for the non-TM Blackarachnia.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

...yeah... I ended up getting those missed figures from Japan and the UK.