Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Hasbro Masterpiece Acid Storm mid-2013

I'm actually really keen to pick acid storm up, also might have to chase up a sunstorm
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

What is this obsession with Acid Storm recently?

It's not as if they're short of excuses to repaint seekers that they need to turn to doing figures of obscure animation errors.

It's not even like he has an exciting colour scheme.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post

It's not as if they're short of excuses to repaint seekers that they need to turn to doing figures of obscure animation errors.

Actually I hope it's a camo green, then it will look really cool and would be perfect for my work desk
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Exactly Camo green would be pretty cool. The repaint may seem like an expensive repaint, however this is one way Hasbro is getting us to spend more, so that we have less to spend on competitors. If it looks appealing then Im likely to grab one.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Pushing it a bit. Sunstorm was already a bit of a tough sell but Acid Storm is guaranteed to shelf warm.
    And Sunstorm DID shelfwarm (ya know, on Amazon's warehouse shelves) and prices were slashed massively soon after the toy was released. I paid full RRP for that toy and I remember seeing the price drop heaps shortly after I got the toy... I was kickin' myself! (but of course great news for people who hadn't already gotten one)

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    Interesting news.

MP-3 Starscream was green tho.
    Not intentionally as a green character though... it was still Starscream, just in model plastic green.
    Yeah, but green enough to pass off and be "repurposed" as Acid Storm. I never realised this until someone who'd never seen MP03 before came and visited my TF collection room, pointed at my MP shelf and said, "Oh cool, you have Masterpiece Acid Storm!" (in all sincerity, he wasn't being sarcastic or anything). So yeah... MP03 is Acid Storm in the Gokiverse.

Quote Originally Posted by KalEl View Post
    I'm actually really keen to pick acid storm up, also might have to chase up a sunstorm
    Just checked - it's still in stock on Amazon JP who are trying to flog off their remaining stock at 19% off RRP (so reduced from 13650 to 11000JPY [$141-->$114]). Not sure about other online sellers, but I've heard that they've all reduced their prices too.

Online stores need to make that Sunstorm less than $100 for me to buy it, some have it reduced, but not enough. Acid Storm might shelf warm, but I think they should be ok if they release them in a small quantity just like Thundercracker which I missed. If its a shelfwarmer at least Ill have a chance at buying one.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post

Aaron Archer 'thinks' he created it with the Universe Classics repaint.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Actually I hope it's a camo green, then it will look really cool and would be perfect for my work desk
    I liked the way the camo look worked on the classics version of acid storm, ut I wasn't too much of a fan of the Bape Optimus Prime trailer camo. I hope if they do a camo look for this MP then it looks really masterpiece.

That said I am a huge fan of the look of this custom job:

http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub...tom-t92468.php

A similar look from the Hasbro version would be great!

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Mackness View Post
    I liked the way the camo look worked on the classics version of acid storm, ut I wasn't too much of a fan of the Bape Optimus Prime trailer camo. I hope if they do a camo look for this MP then it looks really masterpiece.

That said I am a huge fan of the look of this custom job:

http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub...tom-t92468.php

A similar look from the Hasbro version would be great!
    In all honesty I can't really say I like that. Too gaudy for me.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

I think the bit I liked most about it was the 3-D corrosion effects, but I'm not too hopeful that Hasbro will include that feature. You're probably right about some the paint colours, though reading the description there is glow in the dark paint used (another feature I don't expect Hasbro to follow through ).

I think what doesn't sit well with me if there is just a camo paint scheme is just that - it's a paint scheme. I feel like the rainmakers should start with a single all over colour like the other seekers that is then affected by their special ability which for Acid-storm would be acid damage to his paint. The customizer maybe didn't hit the right shades of green, but I do like the idea.