Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: The TF Wiki

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gok
    I think everyone's been quite civilised and rational in presenting their views and disagreeing on certain points quite respectfully. *shrug*
    Me too. So far.

Where did I say anon edits were rejected outright? Like most wikis (unless they're ones without a large number of regular contributors), anonymous edits are held in lower regard, and we'd prefer it if people went to the extra trouble of registering an account to edit. No anon users are forbidden from editing. I myself actually argued against forcing people to register when somebody from Wikia (when we were on their servers) suggested we do that.

Once again, we are not the wikipedia, and by majority consensus, we like our bias and our tone. If somebody attempts to remove it in the name of "neutral voice" or trying to make the wiki more like the Wikipedia, then it's vandalism.
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

I'll take all the Wiki's bias happily if it means articles like Pat Lee and ruined forever exist in that style. Gold.

Going back to what dirge said before:
    Quote Originally Posted by dirge
    If the "powers that be" who run the TF wikia decide to go that way, that's up to them. I do think it's a little _too_ lighthearted, but I'm not worried about it. I personally rarely visit the wikia, because I find the lightheartedness gets in the way of actual information (which is what I'd visit for).

For me - and probably others - the tone devalues it as a source of information. I have no interest in the wikia as a result, but for those such as yourself who do, it might be something worse considering. Which is I guess the point of this thread - allowing you to better understand the reasons why some transfans disregard the project, and possibly tweaking some aspects to reach a wider audience
    That pretty much sums up my conclusion on this matter.

I was reading shortpacked to maintain my sanity at work and came across this:

http://www.shortpacked.com/d/20060411.html

Heh... I wouldn't waste my time doing that. Like I said, I spent a bit of time trying to contribute to TFwiki but since it's clear that my contributions aren't welcome, I just don't bother.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I was reading shortpacked to maintain my sanity at work and came across this:

http://www.shortpacked.com/d/20060411.html
    Just for those who may not know, I'm pretty certain that the author of Shortpacked is also the head honcho of the Wiki.

He was also one of the head honchos of #wiijii... I have nothing terribly pleasant to say about that IRC channel so I'll just shut my big yap now.

Does that make David Willis "Nemesis Prime"?

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

I'm glad Willis can see a funny-side to Wiki's critics... (which proves the comments/feedback aren't all getting marked as spam )