View Poll Results: TLK Voyager Optimus - worth buying?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 53.33%
  • Only if...

3 20.00%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not even interested

4 26.67%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Toy Review - TLK Voyager Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by doublespy View Post
    Since it's been revealed that what we've seen so far is all we'll get in TLK Premier Edition, I however think they missed the opportunity of using this engineering on a Leader class figure. It would've been so much better with the extra budget to further break down the kibble, refine a few robit bits, and get the colors right. That'd be like RotF Leader Prime all over again. Ah well we'll see an MP knight Prime at some point no doubt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deano85 View Post
    I'm glad I never got the AoE Leader Optimus. It didn't feel like they could make the new robot mode work with all the junk they hanging off him and the silly pop up head gimmick. Will be interesting to see if we do get a leader version with similar transformation.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    The 2nd Generations Leader AoE Optimus Prime is a decent enough figure. While the robot mode is more kibbley than this Voyager, it does have a more solid looking vehicle mode and superior colours and sculpting -- but of course, at double the price point. So in relative terms they're about on par with each other. The First Edition Leader AoE Prime toy on the other hand is just bad.

TLK Leader Optimus Prime is slated to be a redeco of the Generations AoE Leader Class figure. That's a pass for me.
    http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Optimus_Prime...r_Class_toys_7
    I'd be up for an all-new leader-class figure of Knight Optimus - or better yet, a movie masterpiece - but until then, Takara have the Calibur Optimus coming in July, which is a substantial retool of the Armor Knight version of the leader-class mould. The truck parts that form the backpack now become a shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    I'd be up for an all-new leader-class figure of Knight Optimus - or better yet, a movie masterpiece - but until then, Takara have the Calibur Optimus coming in July, which is a substantial retool of the Armor Knight version of the leader-class mould. The truck parts that form the backpack now become a shield.
    I'm keen to see how the shield transforms. Tho the chest and the shoulders are still off compared to the new voyager. Depends if you care about it being screen accurate or not.

I lost interest in the Bayverse Optimus toys after DOTM. I just cannot see Optimus regaining that groove (which peaked with the ROTF leader version) unless Mr. Bay heavily invests in a G1-like truck mode for future movies and even then I'll need to remain sceptical.

Age of Extinction Voyager Optimus Prime had a pretty G1-like truck mode and was a better toy than the Leader figures. I think the problem isn't so much the type of truck but more to do with the design of the robot mode. So long as Bay keeps on insisting on having these relatively kibble-free robot modes, then it's going to continue compromising toy design. I'd like to see Transformers go back to having kibbled robot modes.

IMO the "old Camaro" Bumblebee at the start of AoE looked better than the New Camaro after the rescan. And this is because the Old Camaro Bumblebee's robot mode had more vehicle kibble on it. Consequently it's a better toy too.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    IMO the "old Camaro" Bumblebee at the start of AoE looked better than the New Camaro after the rescan. And this is because the Old Camaro Bumblebee's robot mode had more vehicle kibble on it. Consequently it's a better toy too.
    That's the only bumblebee I got from that movie. Never liked the fake chest from the New Camaro.

I much prefer the car chests or like the evasion mode prime how everything is integrated.

The new voyager prime manages his kibble well and is a great toy in both modes unlike his AoE version. If you want a screen accurate version you need a non transforming one which defeats the point.

Comparing this Optimus Prime with the AoE leaders

IMO the best to worst are:
    1/ Generations Leader Optimus Prime
    2/ Voyager TLK Optimus Prime ←a close second, and relative to size and price I'd say it's on par with the Gen. Leader figure.
    3/ First Edition Optimus Prime ←outright inferior figure