0 0%
  • No

1 9.09%
  • Not even interested

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toy Review - Titans Return Broadside

Quote Originally Posted by shockNwave View Post
    For the life of me, I cannot see how the TR version is worse than the G1 version. Unless you're referring to a specific mode or modes.
    The plane mode is a nose and cockpit with awkward tucked up legs behind it. It requires too much imagination to accept as a credible plane. This is the worst mode by far.

The aircraft carrier has giant aircraft fins sticking out of it and is generally not very clean along the hull sides in both form and colour. In comparison the G1 version is able to hide all fins perfectly and it's brickiness makes it more legit as an aircraft carrier (albeit an older model) even with the giant hinges on the flight deck. I thought the stock photos for the TR version were a classic mistransform and was very disappointed to discover it this was not the case in-hand. Finally to be REALLY petty the 'stands' for the aircraft carrier are poorly designed and keel over too easily.

The only fault with the G1 version is that the bot mode was a very unarticulate brick and the plane mode was very blocky and lazy in terms of transformation. This is one of the rare occasions where I actually wish they were lazy and just produced a G1 toy with more articulation (like they did with Sixshot).

FatalityPitt Guest

Saw this guy for the first time today up close. He looks a lot better in real-life than I expected. I was expecting the head to be sculpted out of a light grey (or dirty white) plastic and left mostly unpainted, but it seemed to be painted in a metallic grey or silver colour. It looked quite shiny. Also, some of the red parts were done in a glossy red paint. Robot mode looks great and doesn't look cheap at all. I was tempted, but I'll see if the price drops lower than TRU's $40 (which is already a great price,.. but I'm stingy... Actually, I would have gotten it, but I only brought just enough cash for some other thing I wanted to buy..).

Quote Originally Posted by FatalityPitt View Post
    Saw this guy for the first time today up close. He looks a lot better in real-life than I expected. I was expecting the head to be sculpted out of a light grey (or dirty white) plastic and left mostly unpainted, but it seemed to be painted in a metallic grey or silver colour. It looked quite shiny. Also, some of the red parts were done in a glossy red paint. Robot mode looks great and doesn't look cheap at all. I was tempted, but I'll see if the price drops lower than TRU's $40 (which is already a great price,.. but I'm stingy... Actually, I would have gotten it, but I only brought just enough cash for some other thing I wanted to buy..).
    Big W has Broadside now if you're looking
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

FatalityPitt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    Big W has Broadside now if you're looking
    Cheers man. I saw him at Big W and TRU today. TRU is selling him for $40 ($10 cheaper than usual, and currently $9 cheaper than Big W) thanks to the Jun-Jul sale

He's a good-looking figure, but I had to leave him on the shelf due to budget constraints at the time..

The stickers are terrible and I wish Hasbro had done what they did to Astrotrain: make the alt modes cybetronian.

Quote Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy View Post
    The stickers are terrible and I wish Hasbro had done what they did to Astrotrain: make the alt modes cybetronian.
    The stickers are the worst I've encountered in the TR series so far. I had to use my fingernails to properly flatten them out and the number 36 sticker on the carrier bridge has been horribly applied.

I just peeled walk the stickers this morning, I'll need to paint the runway back on but he looks better without the peeling metallic stickers.

Overall, this guy is a bare pass due to the beefy and good looking robot mode.

That being said, mine has probably the worst QC on any Transformer I've ever had:
    - The stickers are poorly sized, the cut lines are poor in spots, and my goodness, there is not one single sticker that is applied on straight. Most are peeling and the faction symbol on the robot chest actually had a tuft of fluff sticking out from under it *out of the box*. Seriously, why bother? Good thing I'm a fan of Reprolabels, they will have a set of superior replacement stickers that I can apply properly myself.
    - The paint apps are sloppy, again with virtually every one showing under- or over-spray, and stringy bits of misplaced paint where there shouldn't be paint apps. The rear red find are molded with black plastic and then painted red in their entirely, which makes you wonder why they didn't just mould it in red plastic in the first place. Sadly, he paint is laid on way too thick and has scratches as well as paint rub, again *out of the box*.
    - One of the niftier inclusions of the tiny Aerielbots are almost ruined by again being thickly painted white over clear blue plastic, loosing some of their detail. I'm going to try and strip the paint and repaint them in their appropriate colours.
    - The hips on mine are loose and he won't stand unaided. Something else I'll need to fix that I shouldn't have to.

Hope I got a particularly bad one and it's not as bad across the board.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

take it back to the store for a refund/exchange!!

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    Overall, this guy is a bare pass due to the beefy and good looking robot mode.

That being said, mine has probably the worst QC on any Transformer I've ever had:
    - The stickers are poorly sized, the cut lines are poor in spots, and my goodness, there is not one single sticker that is applied on straight. Most are peeling and the faction symbol on the robot chest actually had a tuft of fluff sticking out from under it *out of the box*. Seriously, why bother? Good thing I'm a fan of Reprolabels, they will have a set of superior replacement stickers that I can apply properly myself.
    - The paint apps are sloppy, again with virtually every one showing under- or over-spray, and stringy bits of misplaced paint where there shouldn't be paint apps. The rear red find are molded with black plastic and then painted red in their entirely, which makes you wonder why they didn't just mould it in red plastic in the first place. Sadly, he paint is laid on way too thick and has scratches as well as paint rub, again *out of the box*.
    - One of the niftier inclusions of the tiny Aerielbots are almost ruined by again being thickly painted white over clear blue plastic, loosing some of their detail. I'm going to try and strip the paint and repaint them in their appropriate colours.
    - The hips on mine are loose and he won't stand unaided. Something else I'll need to fix that I shouldn't have to.

Hope I got a particularly bad one and it's not as bad across the board.