Page 110 of 154 FirstFirst ... 90100105106107108109110111112113114115120130 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1535

Thread: Movie Critics Thread

Saw Wonder Woman. It's pretty good but.. To say it's better than any recent DC movies is to damn it with faint praise. It's just... not as incredible as everyone is making out. There are some minor pacing problems, it shared a kind of messiness that is sadly typical of the DC films since MOS. The villain's methods and plot were very muddy. And the final fight is very much like the Doomsday fight in BVS, there's jumping and lightning and 'splosions and stuff happens but really, I barely knew what the hell was going on. Something with the bracelets, the whole bracelet thing was really unclear.

Gal Gadot killed it though.

I'd say it's a bit below Cap 1.
    Last edited by M-bot; 25th June 2017 at 08:25 AM.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    Saw Wonder Woman. It's pretty good but.. To say it's better than any recent DC movies is to damn it with faint praise. It's just... not as incredible as everyone is making out. There are some minor pacing problems, it shared a kind of messiness that is sadly typical of the DC films since MOS. The villain's methods and plot were very muddy. And the final fight is very much like the Doomsday fight in BVS, there's jumping and lighting and 'splosions and stuff happens but really, I barely knew what the hell was going on. Something with the bracelets, the whole bracelet thing was really unclear.

Gal Gadot killed it though.

I'd say it's a bit below Cap 1.
    Agreed. Watchable overall better than alien.

I read about tf5 and I really don't want to know.
    I had more fun watching Baywatch than a lot of movies surpassingly.

Kong: Skull Island
    Rather enjoyable even if it's filled with cardboard cutout characters. Goodman, Sam Jackson & John C. Riley being the standouts. It's just a well paced big budget B-movie. The 2014 Godzilla should have been more like this one.
    7/10

Saw suicide squad.
    Very much disliked suicide squad.
    Cannot ever recommend suicide squad.

Letos joker was awful, the movie was not good by any standards, even if Will Smith and Margo Robbie were good, they couldn't make up for all the awful action, bone headed decisions and missing plot, let alone that awful, nigh unwatchable Leto Joker...
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Yeah I saw it again on Netflix. Its just a dogs breakfast. Too much crammed in to the point where I just didn't care about any character or plot development.

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Saw suicide squad.
    Suicide Squad was a mess.

I can't seem to shake the feeling that somewhere in the reels and reels of footage they shot there IS a good movie. Just need someone with the time and inclination to actually cut it together.

I also don't think Will Smith should be cast as established fictional characters. He's a typecast of himself and it is very distracting.

Saw spiderman. I recommend it. 4/5 stars.
    Cars 3. 3/5 stars. I recommend it. More emotionally invovled and rounds out the story arc nicely.

Spider Man Homecoming was excellent; I was shocked at how good it was! Would happily recommend it to anyone.

Spider-Man Homecoming has restored my faith after those two movies starring Andrew Garfield. The signs were good in CA: Civil War that Tom Holland would deliver the goods and he does. Not to mention having a veteran like Michael Keaton (who built his career on playing difficult roles) playing the villain while the inclusion of Tony Stark/ Iron Man gives greater depth. This movie is highly recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Saw suicide squad.

Letos joker was awful, the movie was not good by any standards, even if Will Smith and Margo Robbie were good, they couldn't make up for all the awful action, bone headed decisions and missing plot, let alone that awful, nigh unwatchable Leto Joker...
    There are people out there that would want to fight you if they read that.

They wouldn't be able to fight you. The deficiencies in their diets plus lack of sun exposure from years in their parents basements have left them with bones as brittle as chalk, but they wish they could beat you up for not liking that movie.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain