Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: Toynami 30th Anniversary Voltron

Quote Originally Posted by nexusnixx View Post
    Hmmmm quite tempted. Did they not do a 25th anniversary one too? In a book format?
    The book format was the one that people went ape over since it got to be quite rare and the book packaging is unique to Toynami's Masterpiece line - including Robotech.

Now you may not get the book any more but at least you have a another metal Voltron hopefully with better quality materials and the stand and LED eyes to boot.

Hmmm between the book and this retro looking issue. I am quite keen in the 30th anniversary version

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I wait for Bandai's release on SOC version.

i have the original, and i STRONGLY recommend this one if it is anything like my one. Stands strong and tall, with the sword blades and other little weapons for the lions when separated.

Well worth the money, but i think shipping is gonna hurt.. i still have my box from forever ago and its pretty huge!

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Is it really worth $225 though?
    Shipping from bbts is about usd$60 so making it $285. Not too sure if it now. Ha ha.

Reckon this will drop in price?

I think they're just taking advantage of the scarcity of the older releases of this toy. There's no way in hell it's worth $225 plus shipping! The old plastic release (that i have, and from what i've read is more balanced than the old diecast version), used to retail for $50!

It really sucks that this is the best Lion Voltron just by default due to no competition. It doesn't quite look right (mostly proportions), it barely poses in the legs, and is no better engineered than the original Matchbox toy.

I'd recommend the recent Vehicle Voltron over this one and just have some patience for a Soul of Chogokin Golion... it has to come some day...

thanks for the insight into this... crazy to think that toy prices have gone up so so much... has purchasing power gone up or is it just inflation...

looks like 30th Anniversary Voltron is not taking my money for sure

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    I think they're just taking advantage of the scarcity of the older releases of this toy. There's no way in hell it's worth $225 plus shipping! The old plastic release (that i have, and from what i've read is more balanced than the old diecast version), used to retail for $50!

It really sucks that this is the best Lion Voltron just by default due to no competition. It doesn't quite look right (mostly proportions), it barely poses in the legs, and is no better engineered than the original Matchbox toy.

I'd recommend the recent Vehicle Voltron over this one and just have some patience for a Soul of Chogokin Golion... it has to come some day...

Quote Originally Posted by nexusnixx View Post
    thanks for the insight into this... crazy to think that toy prices have gone up so so much... has purchasing power gone up or is it just inflation...

looks like 30th Anniversary Voltron is not taking my money for sure
    I don't think it's either purchasing power OR inflation. Probably just greed.

Lighty gimmicks and noises shouldn't cost an extra $175.00. Most of the designing has been done already, all they would have had to do is modify the head a bit for the LED eyes.

Hopefully noone buys it and it ends up being discounted to $50