Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reissue Hasbro MP Optimus as MP-10

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

...we've had mp-10 released what, twice before (I assume the clear box and our TT mp10 release, remember that?), making this the third one?

I'm hoping its a joke, I really want my seeker collection to be done, they better not be skipping 9 or pushing out this one just to catch people's nostalgia because of the movie coming out because that's low

(If they're calling it mp-10 it must be because collectors know it collectively as mp-10 which was a milestone for the line, that and shattered glass prime was mp10SG which limits choices...)
    Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    I would have thought mp thundercracker or skywarp would come out by now
    It'll be skywarp unless they decide to re-release thundercracker in the typical hasbro box they use now which would annoy me seeing how I chased down the clear boxed one -_-

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    Imo I like the tt blue better. I countered my displeasure by having the tt eyes changed and it looks heaps better overall.

If this piece goes on clearance I grab one to repaint him totally.
    Agreed on the TT colors, really need to get to changing mine.

Although hasbro on clearance is mighty tempting...

Quote Originally Posted by ampoldj View Post
    Anyway wonder how much TRU will price this one.
    If they want to be scum like they did when they released TT mp10 $300, or more.

The colours on the photo look more like TakaraTOMY's colours. And Autobot MPs packaged in this style of packaging have previously been identical with their TakTOM counterparts (e.g. Prowl, Bluestreak, Bumblebee).
    Quote Originally Posted by hYpNoS View Post
    I'm hoping its a joke, I really want my seeker collection to be done,
    I wonder if it's to cash in on the current release of MP36. Although it's not working for TakaraTOMY despite MP36 being readily available at regular retailers.
    Quote Originally Posted by hYpNoS View Post
    If they want to be scum like they did when they released TT mp10 $300, or more.
    Eh, that'd be their own stupidity, although I wouldn't put it past them. At $300 it'd be cheaper to just purchase a discounted MP10 from Japan from an online store.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Headlights painted gok means is hasbro colour. Thought I point that out

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    If you really want it badly then you don't need to wait for this Hasbro version. I was in Japan just 2 months ago and MP10 was everywhere, and some stores are slashing as much as $60 off the original retail price! (obviously desperate to move dead stock) - so check out Japanese e-stores or if you have any contacts in Japan you might like to ask them to help you out.

http://www.yodobashi.com/product/100000001001397116/
    https://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%82%BF%E.../dp/B0052WTIG8

↑Roughly $230, which is still not as cheap as Hasbro's MP10 which sold here for $150. But that doesn't mean that the this MP10 reissue will sell at the price, cos remember that Hasbro's MP3 Starscream sold for $99 but then their MP11 sold for $130 or something like that. I guess it depends on how urgently you want the toy... if you want it badly then it's easy to find right now. If not then maybe you can wait and see what the local RRP will be like. MP10 in Japan doesn't look to be selling out any time soon, so there's a fair chance that there'd still be stock around even when Hasbro's version comes out (not making any guarantees of course, just speculating).
    I suppose I'm just a fan of the hasbro version, idk. Just haven't gotten around to get it? Cheers for the links. Ha one day maybe I'll get the hasbro and takara versions

Hasbro's John Warden has done a 2 minute promo video for ToysRUs on their youtube channel, talking up this reissue Masterpiece Optimus Prime toy.

It looks like it is exactly the same as the previous Hasbro version (with blue roller), and as pointed out by someone on TFW, they failed to properly transform their own toy (again), by constantly leaving the panel behind the cab's front wheel, unfolded, so it looks like the truck mode has these giant gaps at the back of the red cab area.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

had slight issues with my Hasbro release, the two front panels did not close properly leaving a tiny gap whereas my Takara one closed better.
    I wonder what is the price point for this release.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Hasbro's John Warden has done a 2 minute promo video for ToysRUs on their youtube channel, talking up this reissue Masterpiece Optimus Prime toy.

It looks like it is exactly the same as the previous Hasbro version (with blue roller), and as pointed out by someone on TFW, they failed to properly transform their own toy (again), by constantly leaving the panel behind the cab's front wheel, unfolded, so it looks like the truck mode has these giant gaps at the back of the red cab area.
    Not surprising since no one at Hasbro was ever involved in any of these MP designs. I've made this point before, if you put effort into designing something, you'd want to demonstrate it right.

Kind of disrespectful to the TT designers if you ask me.

Maybe Hasbro wants to continue the trend of mistransformed MPs on their boxes since they mistransformed Bumblebee on his MP box

one of the fans in that mp-10 video says something like they are impressed with all the die-cast metal in the figure....i thought it was basically just the feet and the matrix??

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    one of the fans in that mp-10 video says something like they are impressed with all the die-cast metal in the figure....i thought it was basically just the feet and the matrix??
    Perhaps some of the inner structure or they're thinking the diecast is also in the chromed sections...

The weight can also be throwing them off, either way who they asked don't seem *that* knowledgeable but that's just coming from the fact I don't even know them