Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: BigW mid-year toy sale - June 22nd to July 12

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

So the sale is online now...can I rock up tommorow and get the same prices or do I have to wait for thursday?

I don't like paying shipping :c

Quote Originally Posted by JuzMel View Post
    Hi peeps,

It's been awhile I know, but helloo everyone!

Just wondering does Big W not do their midnight openings anymore? Was trying to find one store that opened at midnight and there doesn't seem to be any.
    Werribee plaza store is having one.

They got an A4 sized sign just popped onto one of the toy sale advert signs out the front, not helpful but now you know.

I'm just deciding to rock up during the day or rush in at midnight

Quote Originally Posted by hYpNoS View Post
    So the sale is online now...can I rock up tommorow and get the same prices or do I have to wait for thursday?

I don't like paying shipping :c
    Doesn't look like it.

Offer applies ONLINE ONLY from Monday 19th June to Wednesday 21st June. Offers will also be available for purchase at your local BIG W store from Thursday 22nd June. Ends 12th July 2017. While stocks last. Terms and conditions apply.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Doesn't look like it.
    Good news to me then, I just hope scalpers don't rush big w at midnight.

...I really don't want to go on another war drive to all the big w's from the west to the east, a casual run with fort max (just for fun since I had the sdcc one coming in) and I could never find one, seems people weren't willing to wait for him to shelf warm, a whole new mold worries me

I can rush midnight as i just need to go down our unit to go to the nearest Big W given i dont fall asleep again just like last year

I have added to the first posting, details on what toys are at $6 (underneath Trypticon on the catalogue page), as I asked at the store and it took three staff members to work out what it was referring to.
    It is the Movie Legions, which are normally $7, but during the sale they will be $6.

The store also got in a mountain of RID Legions... like at least a hundred of them... and they are wave two Legions, released over two years ago, in the first half of 2015.
    I saw Optimus, Grimlock, Bumblebee, Sideswipe and Strongarm (there could also be Steeljaw).

Last edited by griffin; 20th June 2017 at 02:59 PM.

Bummer there isn't anyone near me that opens at 12am. The earliest is 7am.

Do people know if sale prices kick in at around 4-5pm on Wednesday?
    I've heard it happening before.
    ~ JuzMel ~
    My son is taking over all my TFs!

Bummer there isn't anyone near me that opens at 12am. The earliest is 7am.

Do people know if sale prices kick in at around 4-5pm on Wednesday?
    I've heard it happening before.
    Mine closes around 5pm today if I remember correctly.

Midnight makes sense, that's when the automatic system change over happens so they start the sale right then, it may seem like a longshot but why not ask the staff if you can layby what you want and pay the sale price later, some say it won't work but you might get lucky

Quote Originally Posted by hYpNoS View Post
    Mine closes around 5pm today if I remember correctly.

Midnight makes sense, that's when the automatic system change over happens so they start the sale right then, it may seem like a longshot but why not ask the staff if you can layby what you want and pay the sale price later, some say it won't work but you might get lucky
    Thanks hypnos, I called them today and the lady confirmed that as far as she knows the sale prices only change over from tomorrow 22 June or midnight as you'd said. Also I wanna do a Christmas lay-by so I doubt I'll be able to do one today. Looks like its an early morning 6am rise tomorrow to get to the shops which open at 7am.
    ~ JuzMel ~
    My son is taking over all my TFs!

Thanks hypnos, I called them today and the lady confirmed that as far as she knows the sale prices only change over from tomorrow 22 June or midnight as you'd said. Also I wanna do a Christmas lay-by so I doubt I'll be able to do one today. Looks like its an early morning 6am rise tomorrow to get to the shops which open at 7am.
    If anything its better like that, midnight openings means I have to rush in at an odd hour to ensure I get what I want rather than a reasonable time

One of the BigW stores near me said their sale prices activate at 5.30pm tonight... but you'd probably need to check with your store first if that is for all stores. And see if they are putting out their "hold" items before they close tonight, or after they close.