Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Home phone worth keeping?

no no keep your homephone, the radiation in the mobile will keeeeeeeel you if used in excess

Personally i don't think it's worth keeping since you don't use Dial-up (nor does most of us nowadays). Moreover, if you seldom use the home phone like i don't... it's simply a waste of money that could be redirected to your mobile usage.

My home phone is still active because my fiancee and i (including her sister) usually calls back Malaysia/Singapore to speak with our parents, hence we still have it. Otherwise I think it's unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    no no keep your homephone, the radiation in the mobile will keeeeeeeel you if used in excess
    God forbid I actually agree with Roller. This could explain why there are so many morons living in society this day and age.

the only reason you would keep a land line is when you get to an automated voice menu and have to wait hours to speak to a real human.... those hours can really add up on the mobile air time..

If you don't have that issue, then you don't need the land line.

Those automated number works the same with mobiles as with land lines... besides most bills can now be paid online.

you could always try the all-in-one plan (I know Optus & 3 has them), not sure about Tel$tra though

If not for the fact that I need a landline for DSL (naked isn't an option for me, sadly), I'd ditch it. I have a silent number anyway, so I don't get calls from Hyderabad selling me cr4p. I pretty much only use the home phone to call family locally, so the usage is very low.

If you can get awya without home phone, I say do so.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

I got rid of my landline in April and now have naked DSL. It's the best thing I ever did. No more Telstra and no more telemarketers.

The only downside is that if you ever have to call 000 and your internet is down and your mobile is out of battery then you're screwed. So just make sure to keep your mobile charged at all times!

is having a home phone really that expensive even if you never use it?

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by llamatron View Post
    The only downside is that if you ever have to call 000 and your internet is down and your mobile is out of battery then you're screwed. So just make sure to keep your mobile charged at all times!
    Introduce yourself to your neighbours. This country would be a lot better off if people learnt that small skill again instead of hiding behind their 6ft fences in their McMansions.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by MV75 View Post
    Introduce yourself to your neighbours.
    if you lived next to my neighbour, you wouldn't want to haha.. the most annoying family on the planet.. well they aren't that bad, but they are always coming over to asking to use our printer, our internet, ask for change, and even to do their kids homework

Quote Originally Posted by jacksplatt11 View Post
    if you lived next to my neighbour, you wouldn't want to haha.. the most annoying family on the planet.. well they aren't that bad, but they are always coming over to asking to use our printer, our internet, ask for change, and even to do their kids homework
    Whoa! Now that's extreme.

I'm all for being helpful but that does seem going too far. Maybe I should be your neighbour. I'd only ask to play with your TFs and borrow them for just a few decades.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection