Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RiD App Update September 2 2016 - COMBINER FORCE?

Default RiD App Update September 2 2016 - COMBINER FORCE?

it's been a while but the official RiD app has released another major update, and this one (while not revealing many new potential toys) is certainly interesting

Prepare yourselves, for COMBINER FORCE

new characters

Combiner Bumblebee

Combiner Sideswipe

Combiner Strongarm

Crash Combiner SkyHammer

Skyhammer appears to not be capable of transforming instead ramming opponents, so I assume none of the crash combiners can

Crash Combiner BeeSide (Bumblebee + Sideswipe?)

Crash Combiner PrimeStrong (Optimus + Strongarm?)

it appears minicons are going to be replaced by/ renamed Activators at some point in the future

Activator Stuntwing

Activator Trickout

Activator Great Byte
    (Minicon Sawtooth remould made to be a shark plane?)

Also including Starscream here who was sneakily added to the game a few days after his toy started showing up

Warrior Starscream

Power Hero Starscream

I think this is everything that was added, but I may have missed one or two things.
    as usual since I don't play this game much I was only able to Unlock Skyhammer to try out, and get more pictures of. hopefully someone with more resources can provide pics of the other new characters/ combinations soon

so, yeah. interesting times ahead for RiD

Well, when the update eventually comes to my phone, I'll unlock them all and post up a gallery.

It's like they are jumping on the bandwagon with combiners, but a year too late (like the Machinima cartoon).
    And as noted above, it looks like they will be more like the Japanese Multiforce than a 5 or 6 bot combiner, but I wonder if they will be able to mix-n-match, or are set pairs.

Reminds me of the TMNT mutations figures

Reminds me of the Energon combination gimmick they had. One became the top, the other the pants.

Wonder if you can mix and match like back then, or if there are set pairs.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Still waiting for the update...
    I wonder why apple gets the updates first and so much earlier.

Finally got the update notice yesterday morning.

I was surprised (from the first post) that it was only another small update, considering it is introducing a new theme/concept, for the new season
    perhaps (season 2 was focused on Minicons, and the App had a massive update for the Minicons).

(the headshot for Greatbyte the shark-plane, is Optimus, which I think could be an error)

I see that the main map got redone, but the mission maps are still the same, and still no new missions.

They've added a new page/screen with this update, for you to get a randomly unlocked character when you scan in a Combiner code... and it
    has a bot on the screen called Cryostase, who transforms into something that looks like a lotto ball machine, with cubes flying around inside a big
    chamber. Unfortunately, I didn't get a photo of his bot mode before he transformed, and now it won't show its bot mode at all, even when I shut
    down the game and restart it.
    Hopefully someone else gets a photo of it the first time they go to that page/screen.

They fixed up the glitch with the Ultra Megatronus (the scanning codes wouldn't work after one of the recent updates), but Legion Ratchet's codes still don't work.

The newest additions, unlocked. (I didn't bother with the in-game images, as they don't transform, as noted by Firestorm)

And Starscream, who was added last month.

Based on the two groupings of the "combiners", and the fact that there is only three regular combiners shown, I suspect that the Crash Combiners
    will be sold as 2-packs and might not mix-n-match with others, while the regular Combiners are different toys that may or may not combine in some
    way with other toys (there is only 3 in this "first wave", so not enough for a regular 5-bot combiner).
    I guess we'll see soon, as Hasbro revealed the new toys shortly after the previous big theme update.

Glad to see you finally got the update,
    I actually didn't know about Cryostase so I hadn't visited his page
    Here's the best pic I managed to get of him just now

I'm glad you got a shot of it... it's a really weird idea to create a transforming bot that isn't likely to see a toy.
    Odd name too.

I tried to catch Cryostase. Image is huge because I'm posting from my iPad:

http://i.imgur.com/BNMslpL.jpg

I got this and the same pose Firestorm got. He does a little dance!
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

Considering they went to the trouble of creating a converting bot, its really strange that we don't get to see much of it after it transforms into its alt mode.