Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you like to see in TF3?

Default What would you like to see in TF3?

Keeping in mind that what has been done cannot be undone, so this thread isn't looking for conveniently undoing things from the previous movies that you may not like (at least not in a way that contradicts existing movie continuity), but rather discussing what we would like to see in the third installment.

I'll get the ball rolling with something relatively simple: I would like to see the Autobots performing heroic duties other than fighting. One of my most memorable moments from the first episode of Transformers Car Robot (RiD) was seeing Fire Convoy's first appearance as a fire engine fighting a household fire alongside human firefighters (who didn't even know their engine was also a transforming robot!). As Neil Kaplan pointed out in a DVD interview, unlike other Optimus Primes, RiD OP is always a hero - not just when he's fighting Predacons/Decepticons. Video link

It's not too often in Transformers that we are reminded that being a hero isn't always about beating the bad guys. As Yoda would say, "Wars not make one great," and I'd really like to see them perform other acts of heroism too. It doesn't need to be a dominant or recurring theme in the movie - it could just be a one off scene in the movie, just to show what the Autobots have been up to _other_ than hunting Decepticons.
    Last edited by GoktimusPrime; 30th August 2009 at 03:38 PM. Reason: video link added

Defensor......

More human insects getting squished, and no implied death this time... should be like as it is in a fight/war - kinda like Saving Private Ryan death scenes no namby pamby coffins with american flag on top after scenes to imply a lot of death.

I didnt wanna request anymore G1 characters coz I didnt wanna risk having them make a butchered version and as was told before yadayada "rape of childhood yadayada... prolly keep the current line up and just , you know more character development this time for pete's sake....whoever pete is.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime
    More human insects getting squished, and no implied death this time... should be like as it is in a fight/war - kinda like Saving Private Ryan death scenes no namby pamby coffins with american flag on top after scenes to imply a lot of death.
    I suspect that would pump it up to an R18+ rating. Not sure if Paramount/Hasbro would be cool with that.

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime
    I didnt wanna request anymore G1 characters coz I didnt wanna risk having them make a butchered version and as was told before yadayada "rape of childhood yadayada... prolly keep the current line up and just , you know more character development this time for pete's sake....whoever pete is.
    They screwed up G2 characters way more than G1! I'm not happy with the Jolt and Mudflap names being used for Autobots. I'd like to see TF3 be more like TF1 and try to keep characters true to their original counterparts even to a basic degree. I don't mind the movie characters being a complete departure from their original counterparts, but seeing Autobots running around with Decepticon names is a bit much for me.

There is a _rich_ pool of names from G1 and G2 that writers can draw from - I don't see any need for them to reassign Decepticon names as Autobots (or vice versa). I liked how TF1 used some really obscure characters/names from G1 like Barricade and Blackout. I'd personally like to see this happening again in TF3 over just haphazardly plucking TF names and randomly slapping them onto movie characters.

TheDirtyDigger Guest

A decent plot and characterisation.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I don't mind the movie characters being a complete departure from their original counterparts, but seeing Autobots running around with Decepticon names is a bit much for me.
    Eagle Eye?
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    It's not too often in Transformers that we are reminded that being a hero isn't always about beating the bad guys. As Yoda would say, "Wars not make one great," and I'd really like to see them perform other acts of heroism too. It doesn't need to be a dominant or recurring theme in the movie - it could just be a one off scene in the movie, just to show what the Autobots have been up to _other_ than hunting Decepticons.
    I'd second that!

And perhaps some insight into Barricades David Copperfield like disappearing act!

Not that I want this personally, but I would be surprised if Unicron wasn't in TF3. It would be nice to see some other seekers too, or even better a whole army of seekers under Starscream's command. That would be coolies. As would more Sideswipe, Ironhide, Jolt and Ratchet... and less twins.

Some more of the Spielberg touch.

No Stunticons... don't want to see them get butchered Bay style.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    A new director.
    Someone to keep an eye on the continuity of the film.

Less Star Wars refences...
    +1

Beast Modes