Page 379 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 359369374375376377378379380381382383384389399 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,790 of 10406

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Default Beast Wars Basic Megatron's beast mode

Spawned from here
    Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Megatron's supposed to be a gater... which is why the JP version was called Megaligator (in the Convobat vs Megaligator set). And Alligators are only native to America and China - Crocs are everywhere, but we are known for them in Oz.
    It's debatable.

1. While the Japanese name for BW Basic Megatron is "Megalligator," the Japanese word used to describe the alt mode in the tech specs and packaging is "wani", which the Japanese use to refer to anything from the Order Crocodylia -- the Japanese word doesn't specify which family, although it is more often associated with crocodiles.

2. Hasbro's packaging says "Crocodile turns into evil Predacon commander!"

I know that the mould is closer to an alligator than to a crocodile even though Hasbro says it's a crocodile. Some would argue that it's closer to a caiman than an alligator. But then again, Snarl's beast mode is closer to a dunnart than a Tasmanian Devil, yet HasTak says it's meant to be a Tassie Devil.

Looks like people at Hasbro and Takara didn't research it properly before labelling its animal mode. I'm surprised they didn't call Orcanoch a fish...

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Spawned from here

It's debatable.

1. While the Japanese name for BW Basic Megatron is "Megalligator," the Japanese word used to describe the alt mode in the tech specs and packaging is "wani", which the Japanese use to refer to anything from the Order Crocodylia -- the Japanese word doesn't specify which family, although it is more often associated with crocodiles.

2. Hasbro's packaging says "Crocodile turns into evil Predacon commander!"

I know that the mould is closer to an alligator than to a crocodile even though Hasbro says it's a crocodile. Some would argue that it's closer to a caiman than an alligator. But then again, Snarl's beast mode is closer to a dunnart than a Tasmanian Devil, yet HasTak says it's meant to be a Tassie Devil.
    He's always been a Croc to me, even though I'd agree that his mold looks far closer to a bloated Kamen/Caiman than a Croc/Gator - Which I've always wanted to believe that during his first stoush with Bat Primal, they were located somewhere in or near Australia due to that being where Megatron hid his Secret Mutation Lab.

It would be interesting to know if Iguanus or basic BW Megatron was designed first, i.e. which is the retool. Is Megatron a frilled-necked lizard with a crocogator head or is Iguanus an allidile with a lizard head?

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    It would be interesting to know if Iguanus or basic BW Megatron was designed first, i.e. which is the retool. Is Megatron a frilled-necked lizard with a crocogator head or is Iguanus an allidile with a lizard head?
    Oohh... that's a nice question SS.

I'm inclined to think that Iguanas was the original, being that his sculpt/tooling to me seems more involved where as Megatron is far simpler in comparison.
    I also reckon that they probably had a Crocodilae in mind for the line but figured it would've been easier and cheaper to just retool an existing mold, but I also think that Iguanas is better scaled for his Class than what Megatron is.

Ooh... The potential for a Classicsverse Deluxe or Voyager Class Megatron (Croc) and Optimus Primal (Bat) 2 pack celebrating the 15th Anniversary of Beast Wars...

The tfwiki says that Megatron has the screw hole behind the head for the attached frill, so either Iguanus came first, or they were both designed at the same time to make the most of the mould (like a few of the first year BW toys - Tigatron/Cheetor, Tarantulas/Blackarchnia, Wolfang/K9, Buzzsaw/Waspinator).

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The tfwiki says that Megatron has the screw hole behind the head for the attached frill, so either Iguanus came first, or they were both designed at the same time to make the most of the mould (like a few of the first year BW toys - Tigatron/Cheetor, Tarantulas/Blackarchnia, Wolfang/K9, Buzzsaw/Waspinator).
    They certainly seem to of had that approach in mind huh, so I think you might be on to something there Griffin as it's definitely plausible.
    (Maybe Goki could email one of the original Beast Wars Engineers for us. )

Do any of the Japanese Generations books contain anything regarding unreleased/prototype Beast Wars figures? - Be it Photos or Design sketches as this has sparked my curiosity.

I've noticed the large, useless pegs on all the HA basics - is there some combiner function for these I've somehow missed reading about?

If you're talking about what I think you're talking about then the basic HA toys double as Mech Tech weapons for the larger toys. This would be what the pegs are for, I guess

Ah, thanks for that. Ugly, ungainly, oversized weapons then...oh wait, that's what the whole DOTM line's about, isn't it?