Page 69 of 124 FirstFirst ... 495964656667686970717273747989 ... LastLast

Thread: The New Transformers Trivia Game Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow
    none of the answers so far are correct.

(That is, the first five Transformers toys with ball-and-swivel joints do not include Wreck-Gar, Huffer, Quickswitch, any of the Laser Rods, Laser Cycles or Cyber Jets.)
    *puts on referree's hat*
    Okay, your question was:
    "what were the first five Transformers toys to have ball-and-socket joints?"

By that wording you must accept any of the first five Transformers toys that were created with ball-and-socket joints. The only way those answers can be wrong is if there are five other TFs with ball-and-socket joints which pre-date them, and this includes Wreck-Gar (1986).

...Huffer and Quickswitch??

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    *puts on referree's hat*
    Okay, your question was:
    "what were the first five Transformers toys to have ball-and-socket joints?"

By that wording you must accept any of the first five Transformers toys that were created with ball-and-socket joints. The only way those answers can be wrong is if there are five other TFs with ball-and-socket joints which pre-date them, and this includes Wreck-Gar (1986).

...Huffer and Quickswitch??
    Off the top of my head I can think of at least seven Transformers toys with ball-and-socket joints that predate Wreck-Gar. (And yes, obviously Huffer isn't one of the answers.) I think I'm going to have to give this to Dirge since he's got the best answer by far, but he's hasn't quite got the first five yet. Anyone?
    Last edited by Sky Shadow; 2nd September 2008 at 12:28 PM.

The seeker jets & Whirl?
    Optimus Prime's trailer has a couple of ball joints too. Does that count?

If they all pre-date Wreck Gar then yeah that's fine.

I'm giving my turn to Demonac.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Okay, the first five Transformers toys with ball joints have now been covered, so I think we can stop this now.

The first was Optimus Prime in 1984, the first Transformer with a ball joint (the mechanic/artillery bot in his trailer who, like Hitler, only has one ball) won by Demonac.

Then, from 1985 we have Astrotrain (in his shoulders) won by Dirge; any of Venom, Ransack, Chop Shop, Barrage (heads and shoulders, knees and toes. Okay, shoulders, hips and insect legs) won by Dirge and then Whirl (shoulders) won by Demonac.

So Dirge named the second through sixth Transformers with ball joints, while Demonac named the first and seventh.

I was going to give this to Dirge since he was the only 'contestant' for whom all his answers were ball-jointed Transformers, and he got four out of the top five, but... since he's giving his turn to Demonac (who is also a worthy winner, since he actually got the first one right)... Demonac, you're up.
    Last edited by Sky Shadow; 2nd September 2008 at 08:26 PM.

Nu-uh. Demonac can have my go! (:

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

What was the reason for the vendetta waged by Carnivac against the Mayhem Squad?

Bonus: Who was the first mayhem squad member attacked?

Source: Marvel g1

The new Mayhem Squad was sent to Earth to kill Catilla and Carnivac for not re-joining the Decepticon cause. The new Mayhem squad killed Catilla sending Carnivac into a killing frenzy.

Needlenose was the first member killed, followed by Snarler and Spinster.

I'm basing this all from Earthforce, so not sure if it's the actual correct answer.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Correct on both counts!
    You're up