Finally saw it today.

I felt a bit bored by it... as it was pretty much a 2.5 hour chase from one planet to another planet. No epic battles, nothing really too exciting.

EP7 felt like it had too much of EP4 plot devices, while EP8 felt like it had too much of EP5 plot devices. I guess the next one will be on a forest planet somewhere, with small furry creatures defeating the First Order for the Rebellion/Resistance.

Having Rey not being related to anyone important could just be a lie from Ren... deception is the weapon of choice for those on the Dark Side.
But it does make sense though - the Jedi were not allowed to have relationships or kids, as it could be used against them or be a distraction. The Skywalkers were the exception, because Anakin had his marriage and kids in secret, and Leia was able to as well because there was no Jedi order left to stop her.
For generations, kids who were force sensitive were discovered and trained, not predicted based on who their parents were, or their force powers. It does make you wonder though, if force power is passed on genetically, why didn't the Jedi Order allow for reproduction, which would have made it easier to recruit those children, instead of hunting the galaxy for kids (like the kid at the end of EP8).

The space chase scene really annoyed me, as the First Order couldn't just hyper-jump a couple of destroyers ahead of the Resistance ship? Were they that over-confident, they were willing to waste a whole day just to toy with them until they ran out of fuel.

I enjoyed EP 1-3 more than the recent three. They were more exciting and epic... these recent three (Rogue One and EP7-8) just seem like episodes from a TV show season.