Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Golion soc

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Default Golion soc

https://mobile.twitter.com/t_feature...63823872864256

Looks like mad toys can stand aside now.

Even if Bandai can trump it, it'll be hard to hate on the Madtoys one, ... cause they did such a damn good job - i don't think that'll be diminished by an even better version.

But still, it was a lot of money lol

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    Even if Bandai can trump it, it'll be hard to hate on the Madtoys one, ... cause they did such a damn good job - i don't think that'll be diminished by an even better version.

But still, it was a lot of money lol
    Is a big question mark whether bandai follow voltron colour scheme at all as they may just do it as golion as a classic.

Mad toys one is hard to beat in terms of metal and features.
    And this includes version one or two either way.

Price wise, it's going to be like ggg I believe

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    Is a big question mark whether bandai follow voltron colour scheme at all as they may just do it as golion as a classic.
    What colour change you mean exactly? They'll probably do all of them anyway. From memory, the only thing that changes colour a lot (between toys, show, art etc) is Voltron's face

I am curious in size and weight, bandai went with chrome obviously to be different from madtoys.

The individual lions legs look the same

Hmm yes the chromey goodness. Glad it's not white is all i can say My Madtoys one is still boxed up from the move, i forgot it wasn't chrome

Mad toys one is likely dead imo given its unlikely WEP would give two companies license to make an official product around the same time and compete with each other, esp when one is a known power house in mecha toys biz and the other well while decent only made 1 toy

Quote Originally Posted by aching878 View Post
    Mad toys one is likely dead imo given its unlikely WEP would give two companies license to make an official product around the same time and compete with each other, esp when one is a known power house in mecha toys biz and the other well while decent only made 1 toy
    WEP owns Voltron, but not Golion (I'm pretty sure). SOC market is Japan so these are not directly competing toys.

Being honest I'm a bit disappointed. I was hoping for a Legendary Defender SOC. I Love the lion design from that show.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

But you noticed they are marketing it as Voltron as well, and on the tease it shows it is a WEP collaboration at least from a licenses stand point

And the main point also is given reveal is SDCC we know the market they are going for this time is not Jp only

Why should mad toys stand aside now? Your link shows nothing.