Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Walmart Gen1 reissues - Hotrod, Starscream, Devastator, Minibots

RK shipped out my Minibots order.

Quote Originally Posted by hYpNoS View Post
    I did ask to mark them as a gift (forgot to enter it in the instructions) as a preventative measure but no idea if it'll really have an effect, think about it.

The government want retailers to charge on their behalf, auspost ain't gonna police/know what has been charged and what hasn't, but if a whistleblower steps in good chance they'll be IP blocked.

I know mandarake mark them as gifts without question or even asking so that's nice but perhaps unnecessary, not that I'm taking chances
    Yes I believe customs will continue to only screen for the items of $1,000 or more. The government didn't want to wear the cost of screening every item so unless the overseas retailer collects the GST I don't think it will be collected once it hits our shores. Guess we will find out soon enough.

My two Hot Rods arrived today at my office. Have them proudly displayed, the nostalgia factor is off the charts with this packaging!

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The Minibots have shown up at Walmart in Canada, for about AU$12 each... which probably isn't too bad for today's dollars.
    Do we know if these will hit our shores? I'd love to pick up a bunch to keep MOSC as well as a bunch for my son

And I came home to find my RK order of Devastator and Starscream (x2) arrived, what a great day!

Can also confirm that my RK order did not get charged GST. It was marked toy gift but I doubt that made any difference.

One thing I can say about the Minibots case is don't expect them to all be minty. The way Hasbro has packed them into this tiny box is that some of the cards get a little bent/creased. But still impressive for me to see these for the first time.

Only opened up Bumblebee so far, which I've never handled before. The cartoon face is a nice touch.

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    One thing I can say about the Minibots case is don't expect them to all be minty. The way Hasbro has packed them into this tiny box is that some of the cards get a little bent/creased. But still impressive for me to see these for the first time.

Only opened up Bumblebee so far, which I've never handled before. The cartoon face is a nice touch.
    I'm still on the fence about these. I have the encore reissues for them all and they had the cartoon face on Bee too. On the other hand, the 1980s backing cards are so appealing. What to do...

I received 2x Starscream, and there is a slight printing error. From the front, above the transformers flap, I can see the start of the G1 artwork from the back. Are they all like this, or am I just unlucky ?
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    I received 2x Starscream, and there is a slight printing error. From the front, above the transformers flap, I can see the start of the G1 artwork from the back. Are they all like this, or am I just unlucky ?
    Just a hairline on mine...

Galvatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzman View Post
    Just a hairline on mine...
    Some hairline are thicker than others.