0 0%

0 0%
  • 5 - its so so

2 3.64%

2 3.64%

6 10.91%

18 32.73%

6 10.91%
  • 10 - BUY IT !!! or forever be shamed!!

19 34.55%
Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: War For Cybertron Game Review

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    But I find that Broken Hope is an easy one to get through the waves quickly. Especially when you get into the room with the Overshield - which only takes 400 points to get into, and 250 for the overshield.
    The other room with the scrapmaker gun takes 700 points and 600 for the gun, so if you have like-minded players who go for just those two rooms for those two items, it really helps.
    I remember reading someone's post on TFW2005 months ago where he had that same strategy. They were all organising getting together for that trophy and those were his 'conditions' for anyone joining him - go straight for the Overshield and Scrapmaker.

We could organise to do something similar if you want... say, saturday night(s) at a set time we get a game going and I can help others get that gold trophy (or just have a scheduled play together, bit like a weekly meet online)?

Has anyone been consistently playing the Multiplayer lately.

For the 360, when I go online, there doesnt seem to be that many people playing.

I remember, they had a 2x and 5x boost for gaming.

I guess I will go on if they have the next boost. Hopefully its 10x as it is painful to level up. I am around level 15 for all 4 characters.

The PS3 has between 400-900 people on during the day at the moment (depending on what time of day it is in America). But I think that is spread across the 3 forms of online play - Campaign, Escalation, Multi-player... so some of the individual games often only have about 20 people or less in them.
    Soon it will be impossible to play most of the online games if the server can't find a game for you or find other players to join you, to start a game.

We could organise to do something similar if you want... say, saturday night(s) at a set time we get a game going and I can help others get that gold trophy (or just have a scheduled play together, bit like a weekly meet online)?
    Now that I've actually tried Escalation and failed miserably (in the 1st wave ), that sounds like a good idea. Given a few days notice I should be able to book myself in for a few hours on a set night.

Try practicing on your own first if you are worried about being a noob in a public game. Host a game, but set it to 'Friends Only', as that allows you to play on your own (other settings require another person to join before it starts).

When you get into the game, find a corner you can take cover in, so that you don't get attacked from behind. Because when you're on your own, they all come at you like metal filings to a magnet. When it becomes too intense, cloak (if you have a cloaker) and relocate as far away as possible. By the time they catch up to you, and you fight off a few, your cloaking should be recharged to use and relocate again.

How about this Saturday night, 8 or 9pm, or whatever time is best for those interested (I should be home all night, and can be playing while I wait for others to log in). And I'll stick to just the first two maps too, as I don't think too many of us locals have the expansion packs.

Try practicing on your own first if you are worried about being a noob in a public game. Host a game, but set it to 'Friends Only', as that allows you to play on your own (other settings require another person to join before it starts).
    I'm going to try that, but that still requires you to be connected to the Internet doesn't it? My PS3 is not connected to the Internet and I'd prefer it not to be, but I would like to play as Arcee or Slipstream.

Yep, still need internet connection for all the online games... despite it saying someone is hosting a game. And when the 'host' logs off, everyone else is kicked out as if it were being hosted by that actual person, instead of at the PSN server. ?????

My main hate for the WFC PSN server is, when it finds a public game for you, it isn't random. Several times now (including last night), I've been shunted into the same game over and over again. You can see that there are at least several games accessable at the time you look for a public game (it says something like 'reserving space in 1 of 5'), but for some reason, they seem to be ordered so that you always get sent to the first one on their list if there are spots open in that particular game (I always use Worldwide setting, as no one ever logs in under 'Regional').
    One evening in particular, I kept getting shunted into a Wave 15 game, which meant a lot of spectating until the current players completed that wave (for the inexperienced - entering a game that is already in progress, you have to wait until the next wave begins). But worse still, I don't want to be entering a game past Wave 10 (or even wave 5) with no points to buy shielding or weaponary.
    Without a random selection of accessable games, or even being able to select a specific game (by giving a list of the ones available - what Map and Wave they are at), you can effectively be locked out of the public Escalation Server for up to half an hour... In that particular example, I attempted to access a public game 17 times before it gave me a different game (the Wave 15 game might have finally ended by then).
    And last night, I had for the second time, a defective game, which had someone's character floating somewhere it shouldn't have been, but, the PSN server kept shunting me into that game, which had me Spectating Sideswipe in car mode doing nothing. Until that person logs off, that was going to keep being an active game. I was shunted into it about 10 times before I gave up and went to bed, but one of those times I stayed in the 'Game' and saw quite a few other people haveing the same problem (someone would be shunted to the game, and then leave it, only to be shunted back into it a minute later).

The other issue I have with Escalation, which I thought was just my earlier connection problems, but still happens even now - out of body experiances. A new game would start (select character and then go through the countdown), but the moment the actual Game starts, I'm hovering WAAAY over the top of the battlefield, and all I can see are the enemy running around shooting and attacking. My own character isn't in front of me, hovering above the battlefield - it's as if it is on the ground, but I can't see it or move it (because I can feel the shakes of damage as Spiders and Decepticons are attacking 'the invisible' me). It usually happens in Broken Hope, but also happened last night in Pulse (both games that have you as an Autobot). And no matter what happens to my actual character (which I can feel being attacked and killed), I remain pinned up against the 'ceiling', looking down on everything.
    It's a definite defect of the game, and probably not one they would try to fix now that the game itself is not likely to have any further investment into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I'm going to try that.
    Same. I'm itching to give some of the DLC characters a go. Haven't used them since I got them.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Don't forget to add me (griffinofoz) to your friends list if you're on PS3. pwetty pwease...