0 0%

0 0%
  • 5 - its so so

2 3.64%

2 3.64%

6 10.91%

18 32.73%

6 10.91%
  • 10 - BUY IT !!! or forever be shamed!!

19 34.55%
Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6162122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: War For Cybertron Game Review

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    It's an open voice-over, so everyone will hear anyone using one. It'd be good if you could just talk to select people, so that you could strategise without the opposition hearing.

Were you able to hear me at all last night?
    Sorry it still wasn't fully charged so I didn't use it.

Is it an open voice over for people in your game or everyone playing? Because wouldn't you just have a whole bunch of people talking over the top of each other? (sorry I don'y know much about this)
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

And does this mean I'm the first on this board that has completed the trophies/achievments for WFC? I thought with being so late to get the game & console, and slow getting into it, that others would have finished by now. I was so sure Sleeve would have beaten me to it at least...
    Last time I check (yesterday night), Sleeve still has the Escalation trophy to conquer.

Did you get the platinum trophy, griffin?

I wondered if they did the 4x EXP to counter the GT5 launch??

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Hmm... so if I get a headset... then maybe gekisou and I can talk to each other in Japanese. Of course... that's IF my game still works. I let my computer run a full scan last night as I went to bed so I haven't tried it since. *sigh*
    That means I should get a headset too. But I already have a mic and it does nothing for me...

Unfortunately, I'm not sure how well we can coordinate in Japanese Gok... it could end with us dying even more than normal. LOL

Did you get the platinum trophy, griffin?
    Yep, with the last trophy (unlocking Prime Mode - which I thought was automatic, but you have to actually 'ask' for it when elligible), the platinum trophy was awarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    Is it an open voice over for people in your game or everyone playing? Because wouldn't you just have a whole bunch of people talking over the top of each other? (sorry I don'y know much about this)
    Just the people in the game, and lobby, you are currently joined in will hear you.
    People with headsets have a speaker icon next to their name. And whoever is speaking - their headset icon in the lobby screen shows who is speaking, while in the game, their name appears on the top left of the screen in white.

Okay, so this evening I tried to play MP and it said that the WFC server was down. Nuts. So I played solo campaign for a while then tried again and I successfully got into a game - hooray! But I think I was lagging because there was this icon appearing near the top right of my screen that looked like a computer network with a red "X" flashing over it. And I found that my attacks were completely ineffectual, and I would be losing health and getting hit by unseen forces, then dying. I couldn't even see opponents killing me with melee attacks! So I strongly suspect that I was lagging. I quit the game and joined again, but the icon was still there and I had the same problems.

Keep in mind that I'm complete gaming noob and an even bigger noob when it comes to online gaming. So does that icon I describe mean a loss of connectivity and are the symptoms that I described consistent with lag? Everyone else in the game seemed fine, so I guess the lag might be on my end.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    So does that icon I describe mean a loss of connectivity and are the symptoms that I described consistent with lag? Everyone else in the game seemed fine, so I guess the lag might be on my end.
    Spot on Gok. Last night I was suffering the same thing in Co-op and Escalation, but it was fine in Conquest. Some nights are worse than others, it doesn't help that I only have ADSL 1. Anyway it can be quite frustrating because melee attacks have to be timed perfectly to be effective and with lag you have no hope.

Yep, with the last trophy (unlocking Prime Mode - which I thought was automatic, but you have to actually 'ask' for it when elligible), the platinum trophy was awarded.
    Awesome! congrats then! but make sure you sync your trophy/achievements for all to see or it didn't happen! :P

ps. left you a PSN message as well.

Saw today in the booklet with Dirge and Blurr, the advertisment for the WFC game has the Ramjet unlock code for the Decepticon DS - 9871. Looking online, it is either that or 99871 (an extra 9 at the front).
    I also found that the Silverbolt unlock for the Autobot DS game is 10141.

Too late to be news, so figured I could just post it here.

ah reading griffins comments reminds me of my strategies. I'm sad that he didn't start playing before my ps3 was stolen cause I'm sure we would have had awesome fun.

Still looking for a reasonably priced ps3 this xmas.

Saw today in the booklet with Dirge and Blurr, the advertisment for the WFC game has the Ramjet unlock code for the Decepticon DS - 9871. Looking online, it is either that or 99871 (an extra 9 at the front).
    I also found that the Silverbolt unlock for the Autobot DS game is 10141.

Too late to be news, so figured I could just post it here.
    I've seen the game on sale lately for the DS. Not sure if I want to get it or not (or which version to get: Autobot or Decepticon)