• Only if (something else)

2 8.70%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not even interested

1 4.35%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - POTP Battleslash & Roadtrap

I gave up on getting either robot into vehicle mode out of frustration.

Combining the two was nice and easy and the resulting Battletrap is a good looking combined robot. As individual legends though both are far too compromised for my liking. I concur with Lint the instructions are hard to read and were of no help.

Disassembling Battletrap into two vehicles was easier. I missed a hinge on Battleslash and Roadtrap fit together better once he was already in pants mode. Overall I don’t like either as an individual legend so I vote only if you want a Battletrap.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Oh, and if you're wondering why I keep saying "Combined Robot Mode" instead of Battletrap, it's because the combined robot mode doesn't officially have a name.
    It is named in the instructions as Duocon Battletrap.
    Last edited by Paulbot; 27th August 2018 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    It is named in the instructions as Duocon Battletrap.
    Ah, cheers.

I was a bit harsh with my first impression. Been fiddling him back and forth and actually he’s really growing on me - but feel he could have been fantastic if they hadn’t forced the little robot modes into the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I was a bit harsh with my first impression. Been fiddling him back and forth and actually he’s really growing on me - but feel he could have been fantastic if they hadn’t forced the little robot modes into the mix.
    The little guys did alright considering the original did not set a high bar

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    The little guys did alright considering the original did not set a high bar
    Heh, true. But G1 Battletrap has always had a special place for me because he was the first Transformer toy that I received as a competition prize. When TFTM came out in December 1986, the Sydney Herald ran a competition. Send in a drawing of your favourite Transformer and win a Transformer toy. The promo had an illustration of Ultra Magnus and I really wanted to win that toy so I drew something like 20 odd full colour illustrations of various Transformers and packed them into an envelope (so that it was a ball shape by the time I sealed it!). I addressed it and posted it. Then forgot about it. The summer holidays came and went and it was already Term 1 in 1987 and one morning I was watching cartoons on TV before school and a courier came knocking at our door with a parcel for me. I had never received a parcel before! The only mail I'd ever received before was birthday and Xmas cards. Who the hell would send me a parcel?!?

Yep. It was Battletrap. My prize for sending in those drawings. The toy hadn't hit stores yet so my thoughts were, "Who the hell's Battletrap? What's a Duocon? Why isn't this Ultra Magnus?" So I ripped the toy open and shoved it in my pocket and went to school. During the morning assembly I would sneak the toy out when teachers weren't looking to get a first fiddle, and then quickly stuffed it back into my pocket if my teacher glanced my way. The perfect crime.

Isn't it funny how toys from our childhood can have such a nostalgic grip on us?

For me it was G1 Powermaster OP, as i was a 'victim of divorce' child and he was a present which brought me a lot of comfort through a very rough time. Which is why i HAD to have Ginrai over TR Powermaster Prime.

Back on point though, I think that Battleslash and Roadtrap that I have will remain pretty much permanently as BattleTrap and from an articulation perspective I'm pretty happy with him (plus with his head and colour scheme). Hopefully FlyWheels improves on the DuoCon idea.

Quote Originally Posted by TaZZerath View Post
    Isn't it funny how toys from our childhood can have such a nostalgic grip on us?
    Yeah that's why I had to get Maketoys Cupola. My first transformer when I was a kid was G1 Chromedome.

Yeah these guys will always remain as battletrap. I just gave him potp slugs gun so he has a weapon.

There's a 3P weapon set that looks quite good and reasonably cheap

https://www.nonnef.com/products/battletrap-potp

I just can't get the darn thing to ship here despite the fact it looks like it should ship to Oz!

They definitely ship to Australia, I got the Battletrap parts alongside some other stuff like the Dinobots guns.

I recommend those parts highly. The only change you'll need to make is swapping Battleslash's rotor blade, but other than that the combined form just needs a minor deviation in transformation by arranging the Battleslash arms outward for weapon pegging.

Yeah I was a bit of a dope and missed that they had a minimum $30 before they ship