Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Medical Records opt in/out

Not sure if true but apparently the guy running My Health in Aus ran care.data in the uk(same thing) which sold private info to drug companies etc and was shut down in 2016. Big debarcle

While I do believe, in this instance, the individual in mind is telling the truth when he says he’s doing it for ideological reasons, it remains interesting that even a Liberal Party MP is personally opting out: http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2018-0...cebook_Organic

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

I can't opt out, need to delete mine. Must have been signed up automatically when I had to setup my mygov account. Sneaky bastards. Not happy.

I was going to opt in, I've used so many different GP's over the years, it would be good to have a consistent medical history when visiting someone new.

Now I'm not so sure
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

the NET

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    After reading up on this I'm not overly concerned. Mostly because my GPs office already has it all stored on their own cloud so they can access it from various clinics around town. Doesn't really matter to me if it's in my doctors hands or in the health department, if it's online it's online.
    It’s about target visability. Your GP is a small target amongst thousands of small targets. The probability that someone will go after it is low.

However a centralised government database with the names and health records of millions of Australian citizens? That’s a high profile/high reward target that will almost certainly be under constant cyber attack from all over the world. Not to mention the risks of what the government may decide to do with the data in the future.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

The government doesn’t have a stellar record of keeping our data safe. I don’t trust them with this. The cons outweigh the pros.

Galvatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I've used so many different GP's over the years, it would be good to have a consistent medical history when visiting someone new.
    Are you prescription drug shopping?

Quote Originally Posted by Galvatran View Post
    Are you prescription drug shopping?
    lol, no. I lived in Victoria, then moved to Sydney to study, I've lived in about 12 places in various suburbs around Sydney since about 1997
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    It’s about target visability. Your GP is a small target amongst thousands of small targets. The probability that someone will go after it is low.

However a centralised government database with the names and health records of millions of Australian citizens? That’s a high profile/high reward target that will almost certainly be under constant cyber attack from all over the world. Not to mention the risks of what the government may decide to do with the data in the future.
    Who do you trust to do a better job of security? A local GP clinic or the Australian government? If you answered a local GP then you are insane.

No networked security is perfect, but at least the government has security personnel on staff. Your local GP on the other hand could very well terrible security and you would never know it.

Frankly if my records have to be in someone's cloud I'd rather the one with a known good level of security, not a GP that could have extremely terrible security.