Page 389 of 467 FirstFirst ... 369379384385386387388389390391392393394399409 ... LastLast
Results 3,881 to 3,890 of 4670

Thread: The Computer/Console Gaming Thread

The complaints have nothing to do with people being upset over killing nazis in a game, they are about Bethesda seeming to be siding with SJW's/Antifa/leftists with their play on "Make America great again" saying "Make America Nazi Free again".
    It's to do with the left calling everyone that disagrees with them "nazis" and Bethesda making a statement that implies they are taking sides politically, that "America is run by nazis".
    Their trailer even says "not my america", another political statement that heavily suggests they side with all those that love to go around saying "not my president".
    I dont think anyone cares that the game is about killing actual nazis, they care about the political implications that are being made

That's where the problem is. People over analysing everything. It's a game about how Germany won WW2 and BJ trying to rally up the resistance to bring the Nazis down. You could say all the wolfenstein games are political in some way, but now in this world it has become almost taboo to do it without people jumping all over them. The idea of this game, and it's development, was long before the current problems we have in the world

Just been playing Gran Turismo Sport B. Sony still has not learnt that licence test are not fun. They don't have a rewind mechanic like every other racing game I've played in recent years. The cars are impossible to control with the assist off partially due to lack of feedback from rumble (the DS4 really could use rumble in the triggers for racing game like the Xbox One controller) and partially due to just the design of the game. I'm glad I was waiting to preorder it because it's not a great game. Looks like Forza Motorsport 7 will be the best racing game this year if they can iron out all the bugs/criticisms but till then Project Cars 2 is probably the better racing game of the three.

The whole Wolfenstein furore has made me laugh

And buy the original two games on Steam

Well as I said I don't think this is about the game at all, I think it's about the company that made the game making their product (or at least the advertising for it) into a political statement.
    It's the same as the AFL changing their corporate logo to say "yes" in support of the vote thing, all they did is drive away viewers by taking sides on a very sensitive issue.
    These companies exist solely to entertain us so they shouldnt be taking sides in politics, they should stick to entertaining the public because all they end up doing is alienating half their audience.
    Bethesda could have advertised Wolf2 without making it into a political statement, or they could have clarified matters easily by saying "we arent calling anyone nazis because of their political views, the slogan is purely about the game".
    Instead they chose to make another statement that implies they think anyone that disagrees with them is a nazi, the same thing that a lot of leftists do

I'd have to disagree. People are seeing what they want to see. And it is entertainment, the game, and watching people get upset about it

And the whole yes/no vote thing is a load of crap. And let's keep that talk away from the boards

I wasnt siding with either camp, just showing it as an example of things companies do that alienate customers.
    I agree the vote (not to mention a lot of other things) has no place being discussed outside political circles, which is why I also think that politics has no place being pushed by entertainers.

Moving on.
    Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Looks like gamers have had it with in game loot boxes with some people going as far as asking politicians to intervene because they see it as gambling. Politicians getting involved in games is the last thing we need, anyone remember having to import games because the Australian government kept banning or censoring them?
    Yeah I agree we really dont need certain people in charge of what games we can and cant play, they are still banning games in Australia that havent been banned anywhere else purely because it offends someones weak sensibilities.
    The problem is too many of these people think games are purely for kids, doubly so if the game has "cartoon graphics".
    The annoying thing now is that we cant even get American steam friends to gift us banned games or ones that are otherwise unavailable due to their more recent regional gifting/pricing changes :/

Because even though the devs said we could pirate Hotline Miami 2 I'd still like it on my account lol
    Last edited by DarkHyren; 12th October 2017 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Yea I just read that. Wolfenstein has been the same since the beginning, it's the world around us that has changed
    Are we supposed to be all sensitive and PC towards Nazi culture now? We need the 4 Horsemen and we need them now! lol

Left gets triggered, right gets triggered. People scoff when others people get offended until something of theirs gets ripped on. Hypocrites everywhere. All I know is that I want to kill Nazis as BJ Blaksiwosozorxtz.

Moving on, and I’ve preordered Battlefront 2. The whole loot box P2W debate doesn’t bother me in the slightest, but it’ll be a cold day in hell if I ever pay for a crate.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
    Left gets triggered, right gets triggered. People scoff when others people get offended until something of theirs gets ripped on. Hypocrites everywhere. All I know is that I want to kill Nazis as BJ Blaksiwosozorxtz.

Moving on, and I’ve preordered Battlefront 2. The whole loot box P2W debate doesn’t bother me in the slightest, but it’ll be a cold day in hell if I ever pay for a crate.
    I played the beta and really struggled to get gripped by it. I've spent large chunks of my adolescent and adult life gripped by games from the Battlefield/Call of Duty/Counterstrike franchises, but this didn't take me in the way that I'd hoped it would.

The ground combat was excessively shallow.

Starfighter combat was actually a lot better than I'd expected, but certainly not enough to move me anywhere near considering a full price purchase.

As far as I can see it, the things this game has going for it are that I love Star Wars and it's probably the best looking game in existence at the moment (and I have a shiny new top end gaming computer). The fact that it was mind numbingly boring to play and packed full of loot box and P2W bullshit means I'm not touching it with a 10 foot pole.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.