View Poll Results: POTP PM Liege Maximo - worth buying?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 60.00%
  • Only if (cheap or something else)

3 30.00%
  • No

1 10.00%
  • Not even interested

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - POTP PM Liege Maximo & Skullgrin

Default Toy Review - POTP PM Liege Maximo & Skullgrin

(Please post comments, photos or even a fully comprehensive review - these are just some brief details to start you off)

Liege Maximo w/ Skullgrin shell
    Series - Generations
    Sub-line - Power of the Primes
    Size/class - Prime Master
    New/remould/redeco - New
    Wave - 1
    Released here - January 2018 (Asia & America DEC 2017)
    Approximate Retail Price - (probably about AU$8-10) US$5
    Approximate Size - 7cm?
    Allegiance - (Prime)
    Alt-mode - Power Unit w/ shell/claw
    Main Features/Gimmicks - Attach to larger toys
    Main Colours - Purple, grey
    Main Accessories - shell, claw

Last edited by griffin; 7th March 2018 at 08:15 PM.

I'm a metalhead so I had to get this guy. Love the 80's glam metal colors. Love the claw mode. Love the skull.

The only thing that's disappointing with these guys is that they've changed to pins instead of screws for attaching the 'backpack' on the little guy - would be interesting to see what sorts of customs or even 3P add-ons could be made for these. Little Skullgrin even has tank treads on his legs just begging for an alt-mode.

Only if... you're attached to the Skullgrin or Liege Maximo character. The thing with these Prime Masters is, honestly, when you've seen one you've seen them all. And the same could be said of the G1 Pretenders (which we all know were far from being hot selling items). I was glad to get this toy because I was excited to have a CHUG Skullgrin, but if you're not interested in this character then it may not hold much value.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Only if... you're attached to the Skullgrin or Liege Maximo character. The thing with these Prime Masters is, honestly, when you've seen one you've seen them all. And the same could be said of the G1 Pretenders (which we all know were far from being hot selling items). I was glad to get this toy because I was excited to have a CHUG Skullgrin, but if you're not interested in this character then it may not hold much value.
    The G1 Pretenders definitely have nostalgic appeal for me, but yep, happy that we're getting a representation of them on the shelf for $10 a piece rather than a Voyager-sized line wide gimmick. Good compromise, and good choice of characters so far too.

Now I just need to wait for Micromaster remakes...might be waiting a while!

Not as fun as the titan masters but the pocket size appeals to me

I like the Skullgrin tribute, but that's it. Truthfully, though, I'd rather just enjoy my actual Skullgrin. $10 is too much for a little Skullgrin statue, for me.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I have only seen him on the shelf so far. He doesn't leap out at you like the Autobots. I think it is the muted colours. That is a problem. The play pattern is questionable so the Primes rely on screaming "buy me!" This guy doesn't.

That said the Primes seem well made and detailed. But given that they are barely transformers they would want to be.

FatalityPitt Guest

I think for fans of the Super-God Masterforce cartoon, these are good. Because in the show, these characters were roughly human-sized when they wore their pretender shells. They're also pretty cheap and you don't need to collect that many to have the main cast. It's true they had to forego their vehicle modes to remain within budget/price point, but honestly, the vehicle modes in the original G1 toys were hardly memorable.

Me personally, I might just wait for the Bludgeon and Octopunch ones. Those were the ones I had as a kid. I also used to read the G2 Marvel Comics, and I thought Bludgeon was cool.

Octopunch is definitely a stand out. Thanks for jogging my memory.