Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: eBay 20% off toys 9th-11th November 2014

Default eBay 20% off toys 9th-11th November 2014

Found via Twitter and an MX ad:

ebay has a "20% off Toys" offer from 9th to 11th November.

Millions of toys at 20% off

Maximum discount $100. Excludes consoles. From 10am AEST. T&Cs apply.

Deals.ebay.com.au
    UPDATE WITH DETAILS

Conditions of sale can be found here.

The more notable elements...
    - Starts Sunday November 9th, 10am Eastern Australia Standard Time (not daylight saving time).
    - Ends Tuesday November 11th, 11.59pm EAST.
    - Maximum of three payment transactions during that time with the discount code.
    - Maximum of $100 discount per transaction ($500 before shipping).
    - Shipping value excluded from discount.
    - You can combine purchases into one transaction if it is possible through the Ebay Australia checkout screen, to maximise your discount, but only a up to 10 items per discount code usage.
    - Offer only valid for Toys listed in the categories mentioned in the Conditions link. Games Consoles excluded.
    - Not valid on gift-cards or with other discount offers.
    - Discount code is CWORLDOFTOYS

To be sure that your items are valid if they are listed by non-Australians - put them on your watch list through the main American ebay.com site, and log into the Australian ebay.com.au site to purchase them from your Australian watch-list page.
    Make sure the ".au" is in the address bar at checkout, as the discount code is not likely to work on any other Ebay site or country code.
    Last edited by griffin; 7th November 2014 at 09:37 PM.

Time to start looking through ebay and putting items on watch-lists, ready for the discount on Sunday.

(I'll wait until the offer shows up on the ebay site for me to link it, before I tweet it out as news)

time for me to list up a whole bunch of items in time for the sale
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Already got listings watched, looks like I'll be finishing off beast wars neo this weekend
    Hunting:
    Beast Wars/Machines/Neo/Second

I got my hopes up because I had a big purchase lined up but turns out the auction for that ends on the 8th. Oh well, I should still have other things to get.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    time for me to list up a whole bunch of items in time for the sale
    So if you sell things during the sale, ebay will give your buyer the discount but give you as a seller full price? Makes me think I've got a bunch of stuff I could list...

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    So if you sell things during the sale, ebay will give your buyer the discount but give you as a seller full price? Makes me think I've got a bunch of stuff I could list...
    that has to be the case, imagine the outcry if ebay forced everyone listing toys to have a 20% loss on their sales for the sale period and charged fees.

they would have a lot of listings suddenly just disappear, I know I would pull all of mine, assuming I had some up at the time.

I have a whole bunch of stuff that I've had listed here for ages, it's all boxed and weighed, all I have to do is list it. I think I might have a busy Saturday.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBuyer View Post
    I got my hopes up because I had a big purchase lined up but turns out the auction for that ends on the 8th. Oh well, I should still have other things to get.
    Usually the discount is a code you add during the payment screen. It should be possible to wait a day without a penalty or reminder, or perhaps stall the seller with a question. (if they don't have a condition of immediate payment)

I've sometimes forgotten items that I've bid on, and don't check my email for a couple days, only to find a payment reminder 3 days later.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Usually the discount is a code you add during the payment screen. It should be possible to wait a day without a penalty or reminder, or perhaps stall the seller with a question. (if they don't have a condition of immediate payment)

I've sometimes forgotten items that I've bid on, and don't check my email for a couple days, only to find a payment reminder 3 days later.
    Oh my god! You're a genius! I can definitely do that!

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post

Would that work?
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain