Allegiance - Decepticon
    Alt-mode - spaceship
    Main Features/Gimmicks - light piping
    Main Colours - purple
    Main Accessories - detachable armour

Pics

Overall thoughts
    * Core toy is fantastic
    * Spaceship mode is actually really cool, and I initially thought nothing of it (I was expecting to not care about it at all)
    * Spaceship mode can be inverted to approximate a gun mode, although the handle is way too small to be held
    * Amazing light piping in both robot and spaceship modes
    * Try-hard battle damage is minimal and not too visually intrusive
    * There are shared engineering features with MP Laserwave, particularly with how the gun barrel is connected by an articulated arm
    * This is basically a Voyager sized toy that comes with its own 1st Party add-on kit. Objectively speaking it's not really worth full Leader RRP but definitely worth it if you can get it at below RRP (say for about $70~80 or less)

Price aside, just a really nice figure

But in answer to the poll question in terms of being worth buying, I'm gonna have to say Only if below RRP.
    Last edited by GoktimusPrime; 25th January 2019 at 09:49 AM.

I’m really looking forward to Skyread, Cog and Six-Gun from Siege as I don’t have Generations versions of them, but despite having several versions already I’m really looking forward to this Shockwave. I’ve been in love with that altmode since I first laid eyes on it. In some ways I reckon it should be his new standard altmode for the future, like how Megatron is now often portrayed as a tank.

It is cool you can still do a giant gun mode though, hadn’t seen that in any other pictorials of the toy.

I voted only if cheap as Shockwave's size dulled my initial enthusiasm. As you've mentioned he's a Voyager Class figure with add ons, rather than what I consider to be a traditional Leader Class sized toy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    As you've mentioned he's a Voyager Class figure with add ons, rather than what I consider to be a traditional Leader Class sized toy.
    Totally fair assessment.

Price aside for just a moment, I find that as Voyagers Shockwave is better than Megatron. The inability for Megatron's head to lock into position is inexcusably bad and I find the tank mode to be... okay but not great. Actually that basically describes Siege Megatron -- he's okay but not great. Shockwave is an excellent "Voyager" whereas Megatron is just alright.

But yeah, if you can find Shockwave for say $80ish or cheaper then I think it's worth it. Cos that breaks down to about $50 for the core figure and $30 for the add-ons. Or however much you would otherwise pay for an add-on kit (say hypothetically Shockers were released just as a Voyager and the add-ons were an unlicensed third party set) - add that price to $50 and that should give you an idea of how much you should pay for this toy. I highly doubt that an add-on kit like this would cost fifty dollary-doos.

Wow. What an excellent toy. I understand some people's misgivings with the whole size/price thing but the overall design makes up for it.

The core robot and the 'submarine' mode are great as it is, a sweet update of the G1 figure with enough modern design ideas to keep it interesting, but the extra parts add a lot to it too.

The large battlecruiser is badass, and the customisation options are great; there's a stack of different ways to attach the parts to make different styles of large 'battlecruisers'.

I'm not a super-huge fan of Shockwave's 'exosuit', it's nowhere near as well implemented as Ultra Magnus' super-suit, but I really like his drone/hoverboard. It seems really odd that it's featured on the box, but not in the instructions. In my own mind, I can imagine the drone following Shockwave through dangerous terrain, silently watching over him while he does 'Shockwavey-sciency' stuff. It looks really mean, despite being a little hollow.

This guy is a definite must-buy IMHO.

I love the molded detail on this figure, I recently got him and the dark purple glossy plastic with all that panel detail just looks so good in hand. He also has little to no battle damage which is also another positive.

The other nifty thing with this guy is that his large battlecruiser mode is very customisable. I've currently got him in a "General Grievous Belbullab-22" config and it looks nasty. It's a simple play-pattern, but he's a great figure for mucking around with.

What an awesome TF. The bulked up robot mode reminds of a Hindu deity because there are few TFs that have four arms. By the way, his foot cannons look better attached to his outer arms.

The alt. mode is really where the action's at. When in full battle mode this battle cruiser looks very good alongside the FOC Shockwave. Furthermore it wouldn't be out of place in the Star Blazers cartoons (remember the wave motion gun?).
    Last edited by shockNwave; 22nd May 2019 at 07:17 PM.

Picked this up the other day and I love it. Probably the best 'scifi capital ship' Transformer since Galaxy Force Vector Prime.

He is quite the handsome figure colourwise and on point sculpted detail. The light piping as others have mentioned is spectacular.

I can't believe I'm saying this but with all the gorgeous transparent parts on him I kind of wish he had some light up features or dare I say even: a sound box