Page 1 of 120 1234561121 ... LastLast

Thread: Things you never realised about Transformers (toys etc)

Default Things you never realised about Transformers (toys etc)

So i was playing around with My Movie Classic Camaro Bumblebee this morning, and i realised that his shoulder mounted wheels were able to peg onto 2 tiny black tabs on his shoulders locking the wheels into place (and keeping the cannons from flopping around when they are plugged into the wheels), I'd never realised it before, but I'm sure everyone else who owns the toy has realised it,

But anyway this thread is for posting things that you've only just now realised about Transformers toys you've had for ages (even if it's something that you think everyone else already knows about)

G1 Megatron - I'd had him displayed for a good year or so when 1AZRAEL1 comes along and points out that: "The reason he looks odd (Raises Megatron's chest to reveal a midsection) is this"...
    Man, I still feel like a tool.

I had Transmetal 2 Dinobot for well over a year before I realised the two white side pieces on his chest folded in next to his raptor head. I always thought it looked kinda silly with those gaping holes on either side...

When I got G1 Wheelie back in 1986... I'd already owned and been playing with this toy for a few months before I noticed that he had hands!

I got Powermaster Optimus Prime in 1991, but it wasn't until I got the Transformers Generations Deluxe book in 2001 and read about how the head was meant to transform into a roller buggy/robot that would be stored inside the trailer that I decided to see if PM Prime's head could fit inside the trailer and voilą - fits like a glove! Now that's where I keep the head when PM Prime's in vehicle mode (which is most of the time) -- sure beats setting it aside/dumping it in storage! I may have never worked that out if not for that book (man I miss it )

Ive had G1 Swoop for 5 years now and well, I didnt realize his forearms extended until I had a look at someone else's ( which was in the sale thread)... now he doesn't look like he's got stunted arms heheheh

Also I wasnt aware of the GPS phenomenon on some Tfs until I saw it discussed here...it wouldve been helpful had I known a bit earlier with keeping my G1 Roadblock innerbot from being broken
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Not to do with toys... but anyway, like most G1 fans I've watched the G1 cartoons like thousands of times since it came out. Recorded eps on VHS and watched them over and over again till the tapes wore out yada yada yada.

But it was until the G1 cartoon came out on DVD that I noticed that yellow Cliffjumper actually appears in the G1 cartoon! I think my brain just kept "autocorrecting" him as Bumblebee each time I saw him, but upon closer inspection it's clearly Cliffjumper and not Bumblebee! Heh, so really both the red and yellow colour variants of Cliffjumper appear in the cartoon! Makes me feel that extra bit happy owning both Cliffjumpers. I need to keep looking out for any more appearances of Yellow Cliffjumper... or maybe Red Bumblebee! (haven't noticed him in the cartoon... yet?).

Yellow Cliffjumper toy:

Yellow Cliffjumper in "More Than Meets The Eye Part 1"

Yellow Cliffjumper in "The Ultimate Doom, Part 3"[/i]

Music Label Soundwave - I don't know how long it was until I realised his shoulders could be moved up and centered.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
    So i was playing around with My Movie Classic Camaro Bumblebee this morning, and i realised that his shoulder mounted wheels were able to peg onto 2 tiny black tabs on his shoulders locking the wheels into place (and keeping the cannons from flopping around when they are plugged into the wheels), I'd never realised it before, but I'm sure everyone else who owns the toy has realised it,

But anyway this thread is for posting things that you've only just now realised about Transformers toys you've had for ages (even if it's something that you think everyone else already knows about)
    I did not know!!

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    I did not know!!
    at least i wasnt the only one, lol

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post

But it was until the G1 cartoon came out on DVD that I noticed that yellow Cliffjumper actually appears in the G1 cartoon! I think my brain just kept "autocorrecting" him as Bumblebee each time I saw him, but upon closer inspection it's clearly Cliffjumper and not Bumblebee! Heh, so really both the red and yellow colour variants of Cliffjumper appear in the cartoon! Makes me feel that extra bit happy owning both Cliffjumpers. I need to keep looking out for any more appearances of Yellow Cliffjumper... or maybe Red Bumblebee! (haven't noticed him in the cartoon... yet?).

Yellow Cliffjumper in "More Than Meets The Eye Part 1"

Yellow Cliffjumper in "The Ultimate Doom, Part 3"[/i]
    I think that second one is a badly drawn Bumblebee, just based on the head (and awful shape of the torso). But yeah that first one is very much a Cliffjumper, IMO.

So... yellow Cliffjumper has more media appearances (1) than Hubcap

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister