Thread: FOC game coming out a week earlier (including here)

Default FOC game coming out a week earlier (including here)

Coming from the Transformers Game Facebook page, some interesting info has surfaced in the last day or so (leading up to SDCC which will have more news revealed).

From tfw2005

The game for PS3, Xbox & PC will be out August 21st (August 22nd here) now, which is a week earlier than originally planned. (hope this means a better than expected game, as it isn't being rushed to meet deadline, or having its release pushed back to finish it)

Host migration will occur on multiplayer (which means that if the person starting a game, as the "host", leaves or is disconnected, the game continues with someone else assigned as the "host". Note that the PS3 server is the real host, but the initiating player of a multiplayer game is called the host).

There will be NO collectors-edition of the game, to make sure everyone has the same "great" experience.

A multiplayer trailer is in the works, and will be released soon (possibly at SDCC).

And a new trailer is posted up with Optimus and Metroplex.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    There will be NO collectors-edition of the game, to make sure everyone has the same "great" experience.
    Eer, That has got to the most crap excuse for no collector's edition. People who don't want the extra snazzy stuff, don't have to buy it... The actual game itself is exactly the same anyway, so the 'experience' is the same regardless. BS excuse right there.

I'd have more respect for them if they's just said "No collector's edition.'

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post

Host migration will occur on multiplayer
    Thank Christ. If your game doesn't use dedicated servers then Host Migration should be mandatory.

There will be store exclusive pre-order DLC though!

I hope that the PC version this time around gets a proper release here.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I hope that the PC version this time around gets a proper release here.
    I asked EB games a couple of weeks back, nothing in their system about the PC version. Typical of them.

Yeah, I'm not hopeful for a PC release. So I bought myself a PS3 earlier this week and pre-ordered FOC. Ah well... at least I finally have myself a Blu Ray player now.

I have too bought a Ps3, not solely for this game though ; Whilst Aussie retailers are basically not likely to get the PC version in, places like OZGameShop & PlayAsia will most certainly have it.