Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: List of things Optimus Prime transforms into

Don't forget G2 Gobot Optimus Prime (see below in bold)

In Japanese toy continuity Bat Primal (known as Convobat) is definitely G1 Optimus Prime -- the tech specs explicitly state this (and Megalligator is G1 Megatron). I personally view the CD ROM versions of these toys as being Optimus Prime and G1 Megs because there's no Hasbro versions of these toys to contradict it (unlike say the regular versions of these toys). Although one could argue that even in Hasbro's toy continuity, Bat Primal and Gator Megatron are also meant to be Optimus Prime & Megatron, since their canon takes place in the pre-cartoon story arc, and neither toy ever appeared in the cartoon which retconned Primal and BW Megs as different characters.

Meh... in the Gokiverse, regular Bat Primal and Gator Megs are precursory versions of Optimus Primal & BW Megatron, but CD Convobat & Megalligator are Optimus Prime & G1 Megatron reformatted as Maximal & Predacon respectively.

I'd also like to point out the following...
    + Original G1 (& G2 ) Optimus Prime = Freightliner FL86
    + G2 Hero Optimus Prime = Kenworth (unknown model, possibly made-up)
    + G2 Laser Optimus Prime = Western Star 4964EX
    + G2 Gobot Optimus Prime = Lamborghini Diablo
    + RiD Optimus Prime = Hino Branbilar
    + Movie/ROTF/DOTM Optimus Prime = Peterbilt 379
    + AoE Optimus Prime, Evasion Mode = Marmon 97
    + AoE Optimus Prime = Western Star 4900SB
    + Sports Label Convoy = Nike Free 7.0
    + Capbots Captimus Prime = Transformers New Era 59fifty fitted cap
    + Be@rbrick Optimus Prime = Be@rbrick

I think Ultra Optimus Primal is meant to be a silverback gorilla (although too young to actually have a silver back according to the paint job on the toy ), and AFAIK Bat Primal's beast mode is just a generic bat (no identifiable species). All other Optimus Primes are based on fictitious alt modes, AFAIK.

Was looking at some of my Optimus Prime toys and spotted two more:

Alternators Optimus Prime: Turns into a Dodge RAM SRT-10
    Rescue Bots Optimus Prime: Turns into a Car Carrier

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    Debatable:

A bat - Technically, the first release of both Beast Wars Gorilla Optimus Primal and Bat Optimus Primal count as Optimus Prime, as they were released before the cartoon (which established Primal as a separate character), and the accompanying fiction indicates it is the same character as G1 Optimus Prime. It is notable that the TF Wiki uses this logic (but also lists both as Optimus Primal). It is also notable that our founder here at Ozformers disagrees
    I can't see how this is debatable - if you count Star Convoy, Gorilla Primal and Optimouse Prime, then Convobat/Bat Primal is a no-brainer.

Don't forget the transforming gift card from Target that was given out at Botcon.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    OMG, Must have.

Theres one on ebay but it's from Wheeljackslab, bummer.

I don't have Go-Bot Optimus Prime, but I do have Go-Bot Sideswipe and RiD REV who are the same mould. Likewise G2 Frenzy & RiD Hot Shot are the same mould as Go-Bot Megatron, which I also don't have. And the RiD Spychangers have like a gazillion variants.

Interesting compilation, on a side note, the proper name for a "short nosed" truck is a cabover. A long nosed truck is just considered "conventional"
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    Interesting compilation, on a side note, the proper name for a "short nosed" truck is a cabover. A long nosed truck is just considered "conventional"
    Interesting. I never knew that, as we don't really have long-nosed trucks in the UK (or, from what I've seen, elsewhere in Europe) where I'm from. My girlfriend keeps laughing at me every time I stop to stare at them driving up the Bruce Highway - I think they're great!

I haven't abandoned this, I promise, just had a busy few days. I'll do some updates maybe later today.

Apparently Optimus now turns into a gift card as well:

http://www.seibertron.com/transforme...ft-card/30438/