Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: ... I would have waited an eternity for these...

I have to say that I agree with HD regarding stickers on my old toys. I have old TFs that have their stickers falling off cos I loved them to death (Sandstorm and Getaway come to mind) but I don't want new stickers. I'm quite happy the way they are. Its a good reminder of how much I loved them.

I don't know about the Gen Y's item of entitlement but I sometimes do complain if an older toy is really expensive but I know that if I can justify the cost, I WOULD definitely buy it. Dai Atlas comes to mind on this. Of cos, for some stuff, if they re-released, I have no complains buying those cos they are more affordable. I'm a fan and I collect but sometimes, you can't always get what you want.

Very nice job there on Battle Gaia, HD! It's probably the rarest G1 piece out there... I'm very impressed you found one in such great shape.

Which isn't to say the rest isn't impressive - of course it is (:

BTW I have a suggestion, HD. Even if you don't plan to pass then onto Reprolabels, perhaps you could scan the sticker sheets before you use them (in case you ever _do_ need to reprint a sticker). Simply because finding a replacement would be nigh on impossible...

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    What a great deal you got on him too, that is what I think makes this acquisition so good in a way as it's a bit of a 'flipping the bird' to the ridiculous asking prices that get applied to figures these days.
    It's just really cool man to see you so unbelievably close to knocking off every figure you're after!

He's got quite a large amount of retooling to him though doesn't he?
    yeah, he does have a large amount of retooling, which is great beause its not a straigh repaint - they used to be give more value in the past when it comes to "repaints". BB also has retooling and so does Greatshot, which is all great!

Saw a BB MISB go for US$920 on eBay today... gah.

I have a hard time understanding what the ethical difference is between repro stickers, repro parts, and repro toys.

repro stickers are ko and companies like repro labels are profiting off hastek's ip!

by the ways HD i love all of you obscure transformers you have acquired and enjoy reading the commentary that goes with it

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    I have a hard time understanding what the ethical difference is between repro stickers, repro parts, and repro toys.
    I don't think the sticker sheet discussion was in an ethical context (although main reason for no contributing was so KO-ers cannot use it and in that sense could have an ethical element.)

To me, the key issue is passing off. If a repro item tries to pass itself off as the real thing, or is sold in the context that would lead the buyer to believe it is the real thing, then it is unacceptable to me (whether its ethical or not is for people other than me to decide).

So, going point by point...

- Repro stickers: sold from Reprolabels and stamped at the back so that it cannot be mistaken as the real thing, okay acceptable to me; if sold by someone as part of a figure claiming that it includes unused sticker sheet, not acceptable to me.

- Repro parts: okay acceptable if someone casts it for his/her own use to replace missing parts of a figure. Not acceptable if sold online and saying its a genuine part.

- Repro toys: Well, if by these you mean straight out KOs, then I don't think I need to further comment.

Again, I'm just saying it in terms of whether its acceptable or not from my perspective, and some situations may be ethical and others are may not, so I don't know.

I cannot comment on what is the ethical difference.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Damned View Post

by the ways HD i love all of you obscure transformers you have acquired and enjoy reading the commentary that goes with it
    Thanks sir!

I may have something awesome to reveal next week....!

Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post
    - Repro stickers: sold from Reprolabels and stamped at the back so that it cannot be mistaken as the real thing, okay acceptable to me; if sold by someone as part of a figure claiming that it includes unused sticker sheet, not acceptable to me.

- Repro parts: okay acceptable if someone casts it for his/her own use to replace missing parts of a figure. Not acceptable if sold online and saying its a genuine part.

- Repro toys: Well, if by these you mean straight out KOs, then I don't think I need to further comment.

Well said, but there is always going to be both sides of the coin when it comes to all things KO.

I may have something awesome to reveal next week....!
    Oooooo, quit teasing lol

Plenty impressed...looks just so clean!!!!!!!

This makes me want to go out and buy a Nissan/Datsun 280Z and make it this clean with the same paintjob!!!!!! They're still good cars and can go for cheap, but to find one in good condition is a REAL task!
    Recent Acquisitions: JP Buster 100%, JP Anime Galvatron MISB

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Oooooo, quit teasing lol
    Here it is, from fellow member Robwin1974, who is such an awesome guy and who has just rocked my world...

... a figure I have been looking for for sometime and so, so difficult to find online or offline...

C-108: Artfire

In packing box, which is very large to protect the precious content...

Out of packing box...

Thanks once again Rob!

I'm going to lose sleep again tonight....

Here it is, from fellow member Robwin1974, who is such an awesome guy and who has just rocked my world...

... a figure I have been looking for for sometime and so, so difficult to find online or offline...

C-108: Artfire

In packing box, which is very large to protect the precious content...

Out of packing box...

Thanks once again Rob!

I'm going to lose sleep again tonight....

No worries! You need to update your signature!