Page 308 of 316 FirstFirst ... 288298303304305306307308309310311312313 ... LastLast
Results 3,071 to 3,080 of 3157

Thread: premiumcollectables (Australia) new items and updates

Quote Originally Posted by WeallscreamforStarscream View Post
    for those who support a business like PC.. PC came into a local market that was thriving and just bullied everyone else out of business. Now instead of supporting the one main supplier that's local who put the others out, i purchase from overseas where there service is great and the prices competitive.

PC, why bite off more than you can chew? just to be greedy and try to 'own' the local market?

not the kind of business i support. GL to everyone waiting on product from them.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Bold claim. How did they bully others out of business?
    Given their pricing structure was & still is on average 30-40% cheaper than all local Competitors across all their products, Predatory Pricing comes to mind.

They basically undercut the other local competitors out of the market

Quote Originally Posted by aching878 View Post
    Given their pricing structure was & still is on average 30-40% cheaper than all local Competitors across all their products, Predatory Pricing comes to mind.

Correct. You all can make claims of supporting local all you like, but all you're really doing is supporting your own hip pocket and it's helping pc put other local retailers out of business. Not one of you would support if it meant it cost you even 5% more than purchasing from overseas

Smint is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by aching878 View Post

AKA a free market. Even the ACCC admits it's not easy to prove predatory pricing - there's no hard rule as to how much they're allowed to discount their prices. It's a niche market too which makes it even more difficult. Why has no one considered the local competitors are settings their prices too high?

No ones stopping the competitors from developing their own rewards schemes or even...lower their prices. In fact i'd consider paying a little bit more if i knew i'd get my toys on release date or shortly after but not 40% more.

if you want good service and dont like to wait then pay the 40% mark up from another store, for everyone else there's PC. So long as PC remain reliable i'll continue to support them.

Quote Originally Posted by Smint View Post
    No ones stopping the competitors from developing their own rewards schemes or even...lower their prices.

if you want good service and dont like to wait then pay the 40% mark up from another store
    Let's use 3P TF as a example, what many wouldn't know is that the heavily discounted pricing are either on par or even below the RRP in china.

When you take into account warehouse storage, shipping, handling, tax & tariffs and all that jazz and your still able to make it cheaper than the country of origin half a world away, its a god send for customers after the biggest bang for their buck but there's no denying there are some magical number crunching in the backend.

Unfortunately for most competitors since they are small in nature , its not sustainable and logical to price/lower their price to the realm or near cost or even below at times, which in the end cost them their place in the market place.

This then links back to WeallscreamforStarscream original point where other competitors has been essentially outed from the market.

So even if people want to spend that extra and buy from another, they can't since there are now minimal choices locally.

These comments are REALLY off-topic guys. They do not cover new items or updates.... There is a feedback thread for you to post conspiracy theories and business practices.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

I remember a time when this thread was about updates and new items...

Oh I like a good bit of conspiracy with my coffee on a Monday morning!

edit: my post moved to the feedback thread.
    Last edited by OptimusNerd; 20th March 2017 at 09:14 AM.

PC have a link to a survey on their FB page regarding all these issues.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    PC have a link to a survey on their FB page regarding all these issues.
    An interesting selection of questions. Hopefully this gives them a bit more insight on where to head in terms of being a more successful business.

Anyone still waiting on inferno? Pc said there was still 10% to ship, I noticed people getting inferno last week then nothing. Ive emailed them but we all know what that's like.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZoonMaster5000 View Post
    An interesting selection of questions. Hopefully this gives them a bit more insight on where to head in terms of being a more successful business.

Anyone still waiting on inferno? Pc said there was still 10% to ship, I noticed people getting inferno last week then nothing. Ive emailed them but we all know what that's like.
    A friend of mine is still waiting on Thrust, inferno, Skywarp, Hasbro Soundwave, and Grapple and Cheetor. Not sure when they are going to send them out.